My LAST period! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My LAST period! My LAST period!

Unread 06-18-2003, 12:29 PM
My LAST period!

My surgery is scheduled for two weeks from today. I am having my LAST period, and boy is it a doozy! I'm on day 4 and it has not even started to taper off...in fact it's getting heavier. The clots, the cramps, the mess, I have it all. It's almost as if my uterus knows she's on her way out the door, and is determined to give me something to remember her by! Nice of her, isn't it?

However, this has eliminated any doubt about whether having a hyst is the right decision. This is my body, my life, and I am choosing to live without the pain any more. I give thanks for my Sisters here, who have made the process easier already!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2003, 12:38 PM
My LAST period!

Hi Cat

I guess your uterus is telling you goodbye! I'm glad you were able to help you in making your decision. You now have knowledge and that knowledge is power. I will keep you in my thought and prayers for your surgery!!!

Sending you a big

Patty
Unread 06-18-2003, 12:43 PM
My LAST period!

((((((Cybrcat)))))))))),

I hope you will have a great surgery and recovery.

Remember to take it slow and give your body the REST and TIME it takes to heal properly.

I hope you will have a wonder filled post op future. With a new found freedom from painful periods long forgotten.

Best wishes,

Pamcat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2003, 12:50 PM
My LAST period!

Hi! I just had my last period too (surgery 6/30) and boy was it a doozy!!! Guess we're going out with a BANG! The best part is, however, it gets rid of any doubts we may be having. Just think, if we had an easy period this month, we might be second guessing everything!! I'm just ready to get the show on the road!! Good luck to you!!!
Unread 06-18-2003, 02:28 PM
My LAST period!

Hi,
I just finished my last one, too! I've never had cramps so bad- had to take some codiene left over from my last surgury. But it's over, and I KNOW that this surgury is the right thing to do- I can't wair to be on the other side!

Love you all, and knowing the best is yet to come-

Paula
Unread 06-18-2003, 02:33 PM
My LAST period!

I had my last period about two weeks ago. What a relief! My fiance and I went out to dinner and had a private party to wish it goodbye.

Good luck with your surgery - and take the time to relax and enjoy the summer as you recover! I join you in just under two weeks and I just can't wait.

Kathi
Unread 06-18-2003, 02:38 PM
My LAST period!

My last period lasted for the entire year prior to my 6/9 surgery. I had a little discharge after surgery, but not much. Since 2 days post-op, I haven't been bleeding!!!!! First time in over a year! I feel so happy. Even so, I had my last minute doubts about being young and opting for such a serious and major change to my body......but determined that was all nerves, and I'm happier than ever!!!!

Happy healing to all.

Genny
Unread 06-18-2003, 02:58 PM
Wow

I was on day 2 of my last period the day I went to the castle. That was the shortest period I ever had and you are right, the cramping really does make you remeber why you are having the surgery!!!
Unread 06-18-2003, 03:18 PM
Whooooo-hooooo!

honkerblonksssst... hey girls! I'm nine weeks post op, and I got me a few pairs of WHITE slacks, and WHITE shorts for summer, and guess what my major worry was? "Can the panty lines be seen through these materials?"

whoooo-whoooo!

Hey ((((Bones))))! My last period was cut off at the knees, too. Forgot to tell the doc in the holding room that I was on my (last) gusher of a period. Come to think of it, I never remembered about wearing a pad that day until the day of my castle discharge. And those left-over pads under the bathroom sink? They work pretty darn well, polishing furniture.

Wishing everyone ((((well)))) and a pampered recovery,

Susan
Unread 06-19-2003, 01:38 PM
My LAST period!

White pants and shorts? I honestly can't remember the last time I wore such things. Congrats!

Y'all are absolutely right. Having the last period be a long and brutal one definitely removes any doubt as to whether hyst is the right choice. I am excited about getting on with my life.

Genny, a year-long period is my worst nightmare. I'm so glad you have found relief!

Kathi, I love the idea of a private goodbye party for Aunt Flo. Thanks!

And thanks to all of you for your good wishes. I don't know what I would do without my Sisters!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register