Back from my Dr. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back from my Dr. Back from my Dr.

Unread 06-18-2003, 05:12 PM
Back from my Dr.

He said that my tumor has not shrank or grown this time, so that was good. I told him that I was now in constant pain, so I didn't think that the new chemo was working, he told me that sometimes it takes more than one dose so we were going to continue with it and see.

He did prescribe new pain meds. Its a patch called Duragesic, so I will be getting meds 24/7 now. I'll let you know how it works, it supposed to be completely working in 18 hours.

So, next Wed, I will continue with my Cytoxan/Adriamycin and see what happens.

I guess I will have to ask the nurse, if I should take the patch off after chemo, cause when the chemo works, I have no pain. And I rather not use the patch if I don't need to.

Anyway, that is the update...

's and ers to everyone...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2003, 05:19 PM
Give It Time...

A/C is powerful and hopefully will shortly drive any remaining cancer cells right out. The pain could also mean that tumors are breaking up and being destroyed. Good wishes to you--we'll beat this nasty beast yet.
Unread 06-18-2003, 05:52 PM
Back from my Dr.

Dear Tammy,

I'm with Ellen. Maybe that pain is the tumor just groaning and creaking and breaking up and dying a painful death!

I'm glad to hear that the doctor agrees that it might take a few more treatments to see results, and I'm also glad to hear that the tumor has not grown. Both of those things are positives!

Let us know how the pain patch works. But I don't know about taking the patch off because if you still feel pain, you will then have anxiety that the chemo isn't working. Maybe you should just use the patch, and then let the doctor do his exam to see what progress has been made. Maybe that would take away some of the day-to-day stress, which I'm sure you just don't need. Just a thought! Do what you feel comfortable with. I just don't want you to worry. :-)

I'm always thinking of you, Tammy. Did you ever get the pics I sent to your e-mail address?

Here's some fun for you -- an excerpt from my phone conversation with the oncology nurse earlier today. "Can I go to a Tai-Chi class today?" "No." "Well, can I go to a meditation class tomorrow?" "No." "Well, can I do anything?" "I don't know. You need to ask the doctor."

I'm so enjoying being trapped in my house.

s!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2003, 06:37 PM
Back from my Dr.

s Tammy

So the cytoxan and adriamycin has stopped the growth. Hopefully now it will begin to attack what is there.
Don't be in a hurry to take your duragesic patch off right after the next treatment. Give these drugs some time. And keep yourself painfree during the process.
My fingers are crossed for you sweet Tammy, along with my prayers.

karenann
Unread 06-18-2003, 06:39 PM
Back from my Dr.

I am glad tio hear that the tumor hasn't grown and hope the paqin will soon be uner control. I have read very good things about Adriamycin
Unread 06-18-2003, 07:29 PM
I agree with everyone

No growth = GOOD
Stay on pain meds ~~ If you still have some break thru pain keep it going, if not ask doc

KILL THOSE CANCER CELLS!!!
Unread 06-19-2003, 06:58 AM
DIE YOU CANCER CELLS!!!

Tammy, so glad to hear your news. I agree, stay on the pain patch. You don't need to be constantly worried.

Siren: so sad to hear you are a prisoner in your house. I am thinking about you!

Prayers and hugs to everyone!
Unread 06-19-2003, 09:56 AM
Back from my Dr.

Just want to add my thoughts, and good wishes to everyone else's. Tammy, you're in my prayers and will certainly be in my prayers on Wednesday. Let 'em have it!! TAKE THAT! AND THAT!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register