tingling in arms and legs?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tingling in arms and legs?? tingling in arms and legs??

Unread 06-18-2003, 08:04 PM
tingling in arms and legs??

Hey guys! Haven't been in here in a while but had a few questions. I have been post-op for a year now and begin having problems about 2-3 months after surgery and have been going down hill since. This Jan. my left leg started to tingle and go numb like it was asleep, but I didn't worry because it was maybe once a week or so. Then slowly it started doing it all the time 24/7, then my right leg and now both of my arms. My arms only do it about 3-4 times a week, my right leg about the same, but my left leg is all the time and I am having pain in my left hip. Anyway I had a mri done and they found a bulging disc, the way my dr. talked it was bad so he sent me to a neursurgeon. Well I went to the surgeon this past Fri. and he said that it wasn't bad at all and it is not bulging enough to be causing me this much pain and it definetly would not make my legs or arms feel like this, so he is sending me to a neurologist to do further testing because he has no idea. He did say there were 2-3 different diseases that I have symptoms of that affect people my age. Anyway, my question is I started back tracking when this all started and I didn't have this problem until my hysterectomy and was wondering if any of you have had this problem before and know of anyone who has had this problem. I'm wondering if it could be my patch. I am so tired and have no energy, I feel sick (nauseated) all the time, headaches, and it gets worse everyday. I might have 1 good day a week. Alot of my symptoms I've been blaming on the patch, because some of my symptoms are not enough estrogen and some are too much, but I also have symptoms of other things too that I have been researching. That is my problem I don't know what to rule out because I have so many symptoms of alot of things. For the past year I have been blaming on the patch that is why I have not went to the dr. about it until recently. Somebody please help!! I am so tired of being sick!! I need answers, at least what to rule out. Sorry to be so long but I had to tell the whole story and I couldn't tell it in just a few words. Any and all advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2003, 06:21 AM

hello,

sorry to hear about these problems! I can't offer any ideas, but have recently gone through a lot of neurological tests myself, so I can at least say that it's great you'll be seeing a neurologist.

i highly doubt this could be due to your patch, but the trauma of surgery can cause all kinds of conditions to flare up. Were you anemic before surgery? Have you had bloodwork done? Hopefully the neurologist will test you for such things as B-12 deficiency and anemia.

You're moving in the right direction, and I hope you get some answers!
Unread 06-19-2003, 06:35 AM

I am so sorry that you continue to have problems.

I just wanted to ask you if you have any pain that radiates down your backs of your legs at all?? I have 2 herniated discs and when I first found out, one was herniated and one was bulging and the bulging one was pushing on my sciatic nerve causing the tingling and pain in my legs.

They can not REALLY tell you it is hitting your nerve unless you have the symptoms of the nerve pain.. Just a theory!!

NOW in your arms is a different story. I am glad that you are seeing a Neurologist to get to the bottom of these problems.

Please let us know how it goes and I will keep you in my prayers sweetie!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2003, 07:25 AM

kgoodlett,

I too am sorry that you are having problems. I wanted to post on your thread because I have very similar symptoms. Mine started before I had my Hyst., while I was on Lupron. I have tingling sensations in most of my extremities. The most worrisome for me is when it happens in my face/head. I have seen a Neurologist, and I am happy that you are seeing one too. I have had many-many tests done, and my docs blame the tingling on Fibromyalgia, and a recent dx of RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Thankfully, nothing else was found during the testing.

Please let us know how your appointment goes, and what you find out.

Sending you many soothing S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register