Question about size of uterus???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about size of uterus???? Question about size of uterus????

Unread 06-19-2003, 06:14 PM
Question about size of uterus????

My gyno says my uterus is 4 times it's normal size. Would that size make my stomach bulge or is it all in my head?
Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2003, 06:38 PM

Hi Diane

Regarding the size of your uterus. My size was the same as your is. For me, it didn't show through my stomach. It could be, though, because I am about 40 pounds overweight. I have read of ladies who had much larger uterus's and some of them did show. I justed wanted to tell you that we had/have the same size

Sending you a big

Patty
Unread 06-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Hi Patches

Thanks for such quick replies from you, it is great to know that so many people care at this site.
Hugs,
Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2003, 07:27 PM

Hiya, Diane!

Pre-op, my stomach did bulge noticeably, to the point where my clothes no longer fit. Due to multiple fibroids, my uterus was grossly enlarged. Because the growths varied in size and location, I had strange lumps and protrusions, as well as a belly that was out of proportion for the rest of my body.

Back then, I was completely confused about what could possibly be happening until I was diagnosed and informed about the nature of fibroid growth. So, I think that it's very possible that it's not all in your head.

Cecee

P.S. By way of encouragement, a year post-op, I can report no strange lumps or protrusions and my clothes fit again.
Unread 07-07-2003, 07:36 PM

Hi! Yes, I had an uterus which was 4 times the regular size also. I first noticed something was wrong because even when going to the gym 3-4 times weekly, my waistline was increasing in size and my clothes were getting much tighter in that area. NOT THE RESULTS I WAS LOOKING FOR WHEN WORKING OUT!!!
Anyway, after bleeding excessively for weeks, I found out that I had huge fybroids and polyps. Since TAH on 5/13/03, I have lost weight and inches around waistline. I have still got some to go, but thank goodness, I am on the mend and things are looking up. They will for you also! Keep the faith and do as your doctor tells you!!!
Take care!
Unread 07-07-2003, 07:59 PM

Hey! Sorry you are going through this, but you are not alone. My uterus and fibroids made me out to be at about 3-4 months gestation...yes, I looked pregnant. Being small frame anyway, my tummy did bulge. My clothes no longer fit, I felt bloated all the time. LAVH on 5-21-03 (almost 7 wks post op now) and feeling great! I lost 4lbs. after surgery, clothes that didn't fit before are ones that I can get in to now. I'm not a work out kind of person, but do crunches and stretches and notice that it is helping. Tummy is slowly but surely going back down to pre fibroid and enlarged uterus size!

Best of luck to you!
crickett283
Unread 07-07-2003, 08:34 PM
not in your head

I am 5'4", trim build and yes, my lower abdomen was definitely "growing". my uterus was approximated to be 16weeks or more size from fibroids prior to surgery. I had been doing 200 sit-ups for the past 6 months and although everything else was trimming up, the lower abs were not. my weight hadn't changed and I couldn't figure out why my lower abdomen was so bloated looking. Funny, how now i look back and think how did I not know something was wrong? At my exam this spring, they said "your uterus has grown significantly in the past year. Time to have an ultrasound and see whats going on." As they say, the rest is history and I had a TAH/RSO (left already gone) on 6-3. While I still have swelly belly right now, it is no worse than where i was before surgery...except for that i weigh about 5-10lbs less due to pre-surgical stress and general lack of appetite upon return from castle. This too shall pass and i hope to be back to my regular self this fall.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register