Chemo #6 Postponed Again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Chemo #6 Postponed Again Chemo #6 Postponed Again

Unread 06-19-2003, 11:02 PM
Chemo #6 Postponed Again

Well, I don't think I'm every going to have that last chemo! I saw my lung doctor yesterday for the pneumonia, and he thought I sounded worse. So.....that bought me 9 more days of steroids, 3 meds in my breathing tx every 4 hours, more antibiotics, something for my GERD (just in case it's acting up), and the rest of my "usual" stuff! The pill bottles alone count up to 10!!!

I don't mind waiting because I don't want to end up in the hospital. My husband, kids, sisters, and family have strict orders that I do not get admitted to the hospital unless I'm unconscious. I guess since I work there (when I'm well), I don't want to be there! So, one more week until that last chemo.

My counts were good, though...platelets 248 (up from 80), wbc 5.8, hemoglobin 11.4...just need to get the lungs and sinuses in order. (How I love Michigan weather...one day 85 and sunny, that night 40 and rainy, next day 50 and sunny!!!!)

So, another week to make Dymo labels for everything in my house, and, of course, my favorite, quilting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2003, 06:11 AM
I'm so sorry....

to hear this. I hope you get better with those meds. I know at a time I had so many meds to take, I kept them in a little bag, and felt like a grandma with all those bottles.

Hey, but if they get you better, who cares how many you have to take.

Hopefully, this will do the trick so you can have your last chemo.

As for making labels for everything in your house, isn't it funny how those things can be so addictive. Once I start, I too want to label EVERYTHING.... I always wanted to quilt also, but I don't think I have it in me. I once did a needlepoint picture, and it took me about 4 years to finish. Once I did though, it sure was beautiful, I had it professionally framed and is hanging in my living room. But quiliting seems like there is more involved, I can imagine how long that would take.

Keep up the good spirits, and 's and ers to you..
Unread 06-20-2003, 06:51 AM
I do hope that you get to feeling better soon

It is also nice that you have something to do while you are waiting. Just don't go overboard and label dh, & children if you have them. LOL

The main thing is to rest up and get rid of this pneumonia. Sounds like your counts are doing good. So just set back and rest, label and stitch.

Take care & God Bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2003, 07:29 AM
Quilt, so sorry you have to wait again!

I hope these meds clear up the p-na-mon-yah. At least you have things to keep you busy. I know that my cabinets and closets have never been so neat. Waiting around with my icky stomach during radiation so I could be near the bathroom...! I have friends here who have a quilting "group" and they go to quilt shows. That work is beautiful. I am not that patient, or can even see the stitches!!

Good, good luck. You will be in my prayers.
Unread 06-20-2003, 07:31 AM
Chemo #6 Postponed Again

s Linda

Now that you have healthy blood counts along with all the meds, you are sure to make a dent in this pneumonia!!
It sounds like you have a great support system.
So continue to lay low and quilt, quilt, quilt.....

karenann
Unread 06-20-2003, 07:51 AM
Chemo #6 Postponed Again

So glad your counts are up. Karenann is right---with your counts up the pneumonia won't have a chance. Rest & quilt. Soon you will feel better & your chemo will be finished.

Ruth S
Unread 06-20-2003, 09:23 AM
Chemo #6 Postponed Again

Hi, Linda. Here's to a quick recovery from the pnuemonia and getting to that last chemo! Glad to see your blood counts are good. God Bless!
Unread 06-20-2003, 09:05 PM
Chemo #6 Postponed Again

's Linda!

I'm sorry to hear you've been postponed again--I'm sure you are more than ready to have this over with. Good news on the blood counts though. Get well soon!
Unread 06-21-2003, 01:34 AM
Chemo #6 Postponed Again

Well . . . I'm with you, dear Quiltie! I'm postponed again, too. Had my counts done again this morning . . . but while my WBC is up (from 1.3 to 2.6), the neutrophils dropped from 55 to 32. Not sure what's going on . . . but started Neupogen shots again today. I'll do three shots, then get tested again on Monday. If my counts are OK, they'll do chemo.

It'll be my birthday then, so while all those meds are going into my veins, I can think about how they're going to help me have tons more birthdays. June 23 was supposed to be chemo No. 5. But I'm three weeks off schedule now (two weeks because of these pesky low counts, and one week because of that pesky mouth sore), so this will be chemo No. 4.

I hope you shake off that pneumonia soon!

In other news, I had a glorious cup of decaf today. Since I hadn't had any coffee since February, it was just beyond wonderful! A cup o' joe really brightens the mood, even if it's decaf. :-)
Unread 06-21-2003, 07:18 PM
sorry Linda

I sure hope you are feeling better. Gotta love the weather. Sounds familiar.
The nurse in me came out, but you probably know these things. Lots of fluid, rest, and maybe some chest percussion to loosen things up.
Have fun labeling and good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register