My strange pre-op shopping behavior | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My strange pre-op shopping behavior My strange pre-op shopping behavior

Unread 06-20-2003, 05:56 AM
My strange pre-op shopping behavior

I cannot go to Food Lion or BiLo or WalMart anymore! There is no room left to put stuff that I buy. I feel like I am in the "prepare for survival" mode---like getting supplies ready for hurricane season<g>. I realize that I cannot go out after surgery for a while, but I have a perfectly able DH and Mom who can shop for food. Do you all think it is like a "nesting" instinct? I never had a pregnancy, so I don't know. When we got the call for the adoption of our boys (brothers), there was no time to nest, just get ready for 2 kids in 2 weeks. When my sister was off work at home with an illness, she became an expert shopper on the internet and I got some pretty nice gifts! Maybe I'll have to look into that....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2003, 06:31 AM

Hey sbell,
You sound like an instinctivly prepared and organized mother. Thats a good thing I think. I did the same shopping and stocking. The freezer and cupboards were full befor I went to the castle. I even posted a note of suggested meals on the fridge. I found it comforting to know that everything was in order and easy for all.But putting my controlfreakishness asside, I learned how to deligate! It was easy. My 14 year old son does the dishes every night,be still my heart.
This is your time to shine,so lay back and crack the whip,gently though.
I'll be thinking of you.
Mabelle
Unread 06-20-2003, 06:48 AM
'nesting'

Me too. I have been nesting at home and work. I don't have any children but this has got to be similar to what moms-to-be go through. my husband thinks I've lost it. I've even re-organized my linen closet, including re-washing and folding perfectly clean sheets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2003, 07:32 AM

Yup, you're a nester!

TC
Unread 06-20-2003, 09:20 AM

Hi, I did the same thing before my surgery too
In fact, my neice wanted to do her shopping from my pantry!
I think it is a "survival" thing. My DH will leave with a list and still come home without what I asked for - but have lots of other stuff.
Unread 06-21-2003, 02:03 PM

I thought I was the only crazy nut. I pulled everything out of my linen closet and washed and refolded, as if company is going to look in there. I also stocked my kitchen shelves and washed every piece of laundry in the house! Thanks for making me sane!
_____
San
Unread 06-21-2003, 03:10 PM
ditto

Not only have I washed any dirty article of clothing in the house but I re organized my big freezer and pantry, made 4 meals for while I am in the hospital, redid my lair, and cleaned the whole huse twice. This is more nesting than when I was pregnant. I figure I love my family and want things easy for them when I am not here to do it. I pre-made easy heat up dinners and stocked up on frozen dinners and soups. Not to mention the cookies I will make the week before. Also, since I am not currently working I have lots of time on my hands.
Shopping is a thought......hmmmmm Walmart is 5 minutes away. Guess where I am going ladies??? <BG> Later,
Unread 06-21-2003, 05:49 PM

I nested like crazy!! Food and Books until we almost needed a second mortgage on the house, and cleaning enough for a visit from the Almighty! I'm very lucky that my DH understnds my need for clean and has stoped me from doing it since yesterday. I think thats why I was in so much pain the last few days!
Unread 06-21-2003, 06:05 PM
Same here....

All the laundry was done, new sheets on the bed. I even put 3 bottles of bottled water next to my bed just in case I couldn't get out of bed for awhile. I had slimfast drinks and bars close by. All my dishes were clean, as well as the dishwasher being empty. Foods in freezer were either premade or frozen dinners and such. All my dusting and vacuuming was done.

Also, before going to the castle, I moved some furniture around so I would be more comfortable when watching TV or movies.

Yep. I was in the same 'nesting mode'. (Even though I don't live with anyone and don't have any children). But then again, I am also the person who, when I moved into this house, put pots and pans where my niece and nephews could pull them out to play.... My house is pretty much child proof--- just in case--- for visitors

(I am a super duper aunt!)
Unread 06-21-2003, 06:10 PM

*whew*

I feel better now after reading this thread!

I can completely relate to EVERYTHING ya'll have posted.

Now.....as my dh is mopping the floor for me......I must run to the store to pick up those "last few things"!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register