first real outing at 11 days post op....... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

first real outing at 11 days post op....... first real outing at 11 days post op.......

Unread 06-21-2003, 01:18 PM
first real outing at 11 days post op.......

We went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. Hubby pushed the cart and loaded and unloaded everything for me. It felt so good to walk a good distance but I took it slow. Usually I ZOOM thru those aisles. This must have been the slowest I've ever been but it did feel good just to be out and about. I even met and talked to 3 friends while there. Slowly but surely things will get back to "Normal" whatever that may be. THANKS again all of you for everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2003, 04:36 PM

Congrats Magnolia!!!!!!!!!!!

My date was the same as yours and I can't make it around the block yet! But then again, I've been doing a lot of things the pillow police would chain me to the bed for, like bending, cleaning counters, and general picking up stray objects around the house. DH put a stop to that today and insisted I and :cry: when I feel like it and stop trying to prove something to NO ONE!

I'm resting up for my own trip to Walmart and a Barnes and Noble If I'm real good.

Keep getting better and maybe we can meet up in Target one day!
Unread 06-21-2003, 07:30 PM

wenrose , I know we're not supposed to bend but I've been doing it since I was home, slowly and gently. I've transferred clothes from washer to dryer but I have my son bend and get the dry clothes out for me. I dry swiffered my bedroom floor today even under my bed. I go slow and if I feel a twinge I change positions or stop doing what is causing the twinge. I haven't vaccummed or mopped or lifted anything heavy. Now that I'll wait until I see my doctor on the 30th and ask him. I get to drive Tuesday so at least I'll be out and about more but I'll be careful getting in and out. I had been exercising since February for this surgery and I really think it has made a difference for me personally. I know the longest thing to heal will be the inside stiches and I don't want to do anything to "pop" those. Each of us is different and our bodies heal at different rates. In 1988 for my gallbladder surgery (before laproscope) I was not nearly in this good condition after the surgery. That surgery was so much worse for me even thou I was much younger. So don't worry and don't think you're behind anybody. You are you and your body is doing what it needs to do to heal. Listen to your body and let it tell you what to do and what not to do along with your doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2003, 08:21 PM

Hey Sister of the June 6th,
I went to the store yesterday and today for about a 10-15-minute walk in the isles. I hang on to my DH's arm so he has to keep up with my pace instead of me trying to keep up with his. That amount of walking is just about enough. The car ride there and the bumps is still uncomfortable. It is not pleasant to jiggle. I hope to move onward in this road to recovery, but it seems so slow. I can't imagine wiffering the floor or doing anything besides sitting on the deck in my yard. On yeah! I do walk around the yard looking for weeds so my DH can come pluck them from my flower beds. Tis the woes of a princess.
Cheers, Miles
Unread 06-22-2003, 12:37 AM

Shame, shame you overdoing princesses! No swiffering permitted! You are going to make the rest of princesses look bad

Honestly, be very careful with the bending. You only have this one chance to heal properly and you haven't been home very long...

I have been going on little outings and walks, but I am being good about no lifting, etc. DH and I went to Costco today- I felt so helpless- he had to do the cart pushing, the loading, unloading, pretty much everything. It felt very odd to me, not being able to do a thing. I did get very protective of my tummy around some crazy cart pushers and wild children. Funny, they never seemed so wild before!

Take it easy ladies. I don't want the pillow police to be knocking down your doors. And please, for the sake of the rest of us, leave those dustbunnies alone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register