Just had conization for CINIII.... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just had conization for CINIII.... Just had conization for CINIII....

Unread 06-24-2003, 09:33 AM
Just had conization for CINIII....

Congratulations, Carol! I'm so glad your cone came back with clear margins. What a relief!

As far as fending off future recurrences, keep in mind that dysplasia is typically caused by HPV (human papillomavirus). Anywhere from 50-85% of women carry this virus and most fight it off successfully without ever having any symptoms. Some of us seem to have more difficulty with it . So, anything you can do to boost your immune system has the possiblity of helping you. Such things might include: eating well, taking a multivitamin (I also take folic acid which some research has shown to help fight this virus), getting plenty of sleep, reducing general life stress (stress really lowers your immune function), praying and/or meditating, doing yoga, exercising moderately. I had my TAH 2-1/2 years ago. In the past 12 years, I've never made it 2 years without this virus popping back up someplace (until this past 2-1/2 years), and I had cervical and vaginal involvement. I am trying to be as healthy as I can, and I think it's paying off. I've made it 8 months longer than I ever have without issues popping up, so I'm planning to continue along this course and hopefully I'll never hear the words "abnormal cells" on a report again.

Good luck, Carol! I wish you a future full of health and happiness.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Thanks Jeanine!

Jeanine,
Thanks! I take a muti vitamin daily that has 400 mcg of Folate in it. Is that enough or do I need more? Is there any contraindications with taking more if you are on any certain medicines? I pray that your HPV will not return and I am glad it hasnt in the past 8 months! I pray it stays that way for you! I wsih you Health and Happiness as well! Big hugs to you!
Unread 06-24-2003, 09:48 AM

Thanks, Carol!

Yes, 400 mcg is the FDA recommendation for maximal consumption. Any amount higher than that you would want to consult with your physician about.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2003, 09:52 AM
Thanks Jeanine

Jeanine,
Great. Thanks a bunch. I am going to the store and get me something to help me quit smoking too. I almost have it licked. I have cut down alot. Dont know how I managed to do it during all this, but maybe it scared me into it. Thanks again and have a great day! Carol
Unread 06-24-2003, 03:57 PM

hi i had my hysterectomy on april 23 but for ovarian cysts. i have had lower back pain for many years but when they told me about the cysts i thought oh my God thats the trouble with my back. your mind starts to think crazy things. everything turned out good. however, unfortunately the hysterectomy did not get rid of the lower back problem. as far as dangerous....no surgery is without its possible complications. however, i know many women who have had hysterectomies and all are fine. good luck to you
Unread 06-24-2003, 05:12 PM
Hi Maria

Maria,
You are right. My mind was getting away from me for sure. I have arthritis in my low back that they found with an MRI and I was still wondering "what if? " "I wonder" I started thinking about my other body parts that hurt just somehow must be connected to this. This was a living nightmare and I am just going to pray, pray, pray that it nevber re-occurs. Glad everything turned out fine for you!
Carol
Unread 06-24-2003, 05:30 PM

I am very glad to hear your good news and I hope you are rid of the dysplasia permanently.

Take care
Unread 06-24-2003, 05:58 PM
Thanks Deleo

Thanks and I hope you are doing well. Hugs, Carol
Unread 06-24-2003, 11:54 PM
Happy for you!

I'm glad your results turned out so well!

My own didn't. I had a cone (My first experience with gereral anestesia) about a month ago and I only had to wait for about 4 days for my results. The margin wasn't clear and they also found another kind of pre-cancerous cells in the glands. So my Dr is suggesting a TVH sometime in Sept. I have to wait that long for the short time disability at my job.

What I am wondering at the moment is if anyone else has had a cone and after a month, get twinges and pain.

I cleaned my front room on Saturday and by that night, I *hurt*.

Anyone else with this experience?
Unread 06-25-2003, 08:36 AM

Nikki,
I am sorry to hear you have it in your glands as well. That is awful that you have to wait until Sept! I'd ask them if its safe to wait that long. I healed enough yet to tell if I have twinges, but I can tell you I sure did before the cone. Not sure if other women did, but I felt like something was wrong in there. I am assuming he checked my glands during the cone? Or is that a seperate test? Hope you get yourself taken care of soon and have a good recovery with a good outcome. I will be praying for you!
Carol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register