Help....I've got hemorrhoids | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help....I've got hemorrhoids Help....I've got hemorrhoids

Unread 06-23-2003, 11:10 AM
Help....I've got hemorrhoids

I've developed hemorrhoids over the weekend...and they are bleeding. I'm waiting for my dr. to call back, but I'm contemplating the ER. Any suggestions for me?

I'm scheduled for my 6th and final chemo this Thursday, and I don't want anything to interfere...

Ouch :cry:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2003, 01:14 PM
OUCH!!! That has to hurt

I have never had hemorrhoids, but I know they are painful. I am sorry that I cant help you, just thought I would send you my best wishes, and pray that this does not delay you LAST chemo.

Best of Luck and God Bless
Unread 06-23-2003, 01:36 PM
ouch

Linda, I'm sorry about this. Any idea how your counts are. If your platelet count is low, this could be a bigger problem. It your bleeding is profuse, certainly I would go to the ED.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2003, 02:04 PM

s Linda

If your blood counts are good, the answer is Preparation H. Worked wonders for me while I was pregnant.
Be sure to avoid constipation with your last chemo.

karenann
Unread 06-23-2003, 04:46 PM
Update

I went to the Dr. for the hemorrhoids this afternoon. I am very grateful that he lanced them for me. He thought that I would need the hem. surgery, but he was able to take care of them. Dr. Rathur commented that they were huge. There were three, and one clot was the size of a clementine! I guess I'm no wimp!

So, now I'm resting up for Thursday. Thanks for all the advice.

I feel so much better!!!!!!!!!
Unread 06-23-2003, 07:13 PM
Glad you are doing better

Now rest up for the final chemo and take it easy.
Unread 06-23-2003, 07:46 PM

My goodness, Linda. After what we've all been through... if anyone dared call any of us a wimp, I'd clobber 'em!! If you ever write a book about this whole experience, you'll have to title it "All This and Hemmorrhoids Too"!

So glad you're feeling better. :-)
Unread 06-24-2003, 11:20 AM

Hi Linda...

I too have those annoying things but they only act up sometimes. I have come to live with them and instead of using a hemmerroid cream, I use A and D ointment when needed. It soothes and moistens. Also try warm baths to bring down the swelling.

Rosalie
Unread 06-25-2003, 10:14 AM

I had them too until I started juicing. I didn't believe it would help at first and was taking the mixture for tumors but the hemmys went away. (hoping it's doing the same with the tumor!) Eating the foods won't help, you have to juice. You use 6 carrots, 10 to 15 spinich leaves, 4 turnip leaves and 4 to 5 sprigs of watercress, all fresh, 3 to 7 times a day. You can throw apples in there to improve the taste. You should check with your doc first about diet changes since you have been on chemo but it's veggies, it can only help.

Good health to you!
Noelle
Unread 07-02-2003, 06:27 PM

Hi, Linda.

I've had hemorroids for the past 10 - 12 years. But this hyterectomy has totally made them "put on a show". What was the lancing like? Can this be done in the OB/GYN's office? Do they give you anything beforehand for the pain? I've wanted to do something about them for forever, but I'm really chicken. But, getting through my hyst as easy as I have, I'm getting up the nerve. The hemorroids/constipation has been my biggest problem.

How many days after the lancing were you uncomfortable? Is the first BM a killer?

Sorry for so many questions!!!!

Thanks,
LeeAnn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register