Very disappointed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very disappointed Very disappointed

Unread 06-24-2003, 08:29 AM
Very disappointed

Hello, I just wanted to share with everyone about my situation. You know that I've changed my surgery dates twice, (June 10th & July 1) because I wasn't approved for leave. My GYN and I appealed the first decision and I just got back the results from the committee. The turned me down again. My family and I can't afford for me to take leave without pay, so now I'm going to have to postpone the surgery until sometime next year. I would probably have enough time accumulated by the end of the year, but I don't want to have surgery during the holiday season. I met with my GYN ( and she was very upset about the leave) and she told me either she can do the surgery and I can go back within two to three weeks (abdominal/taking uterus only) or she can put me on Desogen birthcontrol pills. I don't want to have surgery and have to be rushed to go back to work. I want to be able to take the full time to recover. So, I chose the pills. The doctor will monitor me every 3 months to make sure that things don't get worse.
I'm not understand why the committee turned me down, because I don't see this surgery as an elective surgery (that's what they called it).
I just wanted to keep you posted on what's going on with me, but I will still visit this site everyday. You have really educated me and I really enjoy reading and hearing from all of you.
I'll let you know if anything changes and if you have any suggestion on anything else I can do, please share.

Faye0413
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2003, 08:38 AM
Very disappointed

Hang in there sweety. I would have made the same decision as you. I can't understand why they would think any woman in her right mind would go through that surgery if it weren't necessary.
Be praying for you.
Cate

TVH 6-16
Unread 06-24-2003, 08:41 AM
Very disappointed

I feel so sorry for you. I was going to put my surgery off until a better time for my employers (US Govt) but I finally just couldn't take it anymore. I will probably have to go back at the 3 week mark but I guess that was my decision.

I just couldn't go through even 4 more months the way I was.

Are you anemic? If you are have your DR write something up to explain that this is not an elective surgery, that the anemia will only get worse and make you a very unproductive employee.

Good luck, I sure hope they have a change of heart. I will be praying for you.

Robin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2003, 09:14 AM
Very disappointed

Hi Faye,
I am so sorry that you have to go through all of this. What kind of surgey were you scheduled for and why? Just wondering if you can find a medical loop hole for the committee to give you the go ahead?!?
Susie
Unread 06-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Very disappointed

((( Faye ))), I understand your disappointment. Having to wait that much longer must be really hard. I do think that you were wise to wait instead of rushing back to work too soon. It is really important to give yourself time to heal properly.
Have you tried a second opinion from another dr to back your's up? If they can explain why it's really necessary, maybe the committee will reconsider.
Good luck.
s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register