Anyone with pre-cancerous cervix prior to TAH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone with pre-cancerous cervix prior to TAH Anyone with pre-cancerous cervix prior to TAH

Unread 06-24-2003, 02:41 PM
Anyone with pre-cancerous cervix prior to TAH

notice that they seem to get sick more frequently?
My GP seems to think that with my body fighting whats happening on my cervix and the stress the worry over the TAH is causing that that's why I'm getting everything that's going around... I swear I've been in their office every 2 weeks for the past 2 months.
Anyone have this happen?
Just one of those questions that all this time has allowed my mind to come up with!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2003, 03:14 PM

Hi Denabeth,

Sending you a big

I have had abnormal smears since 1999, two lots of treatment CIN 1 + 2 for pre-maligment cells, I also had (probably still have endo) finally decided I'd had enough and chose to have a TVH BSO + TVT in March of this year

I have taken a combination of supplements for the past year which I feel have helped speed my recovery, my asthma is alot better and I hav'nt had any chest infections for the past 2 years

Are you taking any supplements? If not you may consider checking out some of the forums on this site, I think theres a good report on supplements on the hormone forum

I take a combination of supplements from information I gathered and books I've read recommended by the endo.***. and the she trust, who have lots of info on holistic therapies

I have had a lot of support from this site and wish I'd found it before my op

Take care, gotta go, DH is dancing around me trying to get my attention - one thing I can comment on (and many princesses will agree with me) is that after recovery from the Hyst it does get better with time (if you know what I mean)

Bluebell
Unread 06-24-2003, 05:33 PM

Hi, Denabeth,
Interesting question! I had my radical hysterectomy last summer due to cervical cancer, stage 1b. I was always at the doctor for several years in a row, with this or that. Since my surgery, I have only had one sinus infection and had to go to the doctor for that. That was just recently. I feel much better physically than before, but maybe it is because I take better care of myself now, than I did before my diagnosis. Hope you have a successful surgery!
Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy June 2002, cervical cancer,1b
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2003, 06:54 PM

It's possible that the stress from knowing you have cervical dysplasia and are facing a hysterectomy may be enough to have lowered your immune system so that you are catching everything going around. Since cervical dysplasia is caused by a virus (generally speaking), lowered immune function can contribute to ongoing recurrences of dysplasia. Stress definitely lowers your immune function. So if a lowered immune function is contributing to your dysplasia, it might also be contributing to these other illnesses that keep popping up.

Take care of yourself. Get plenty of sleep. Eat well. Take a multivitamin (always check with your doctor for appropriate supplements). Exercise moderately. Do yoga, pray, or meditate. All can help improve your immune functioning.

May you find health, happiness, and peace!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register