The results are in............................ - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The results are in............................ The results are in............................

Unread 06-25-2003, 02:19 PM
Thanks to all of you

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

I have been so depressed since I got the call at 7:30 this morning. I knew in my gut that it wasn't good. And then when the doctor called me her self, that just valadated my gut feeling.

I have been debating where or not to call my mom and let her know. I believe that I am going to wait until after the CT scan results are in or when we go to WV which ever comes first. If she calls thou, I guess I will tell her then, but I don't want her to worry about her baby (me).

I guess I am a person that doesn't want to be felt sorry for. I am going to try to tell my hubby this evening, but I don't know how he is going to react. More than likely he will blame me for not eating right, being to fat, etc etc. Maybe it is my fault, I don't know.

All I want to do is cry and feel sorry for my self but I know that is not going to do me any good. I just cant help it.

I guess that I just have to wait some more and see what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2003, 03:04 PM
Jane, It is NOT your fault

I'm sorry if that's how your husband reacts. This is NOT YOUR FAULT. Eating habits, weight, whatever--this cancer is NOT YOUR FAULT. I hope he doesn't go in that direction. I'll pray he reacts in a supporting way for you.
Unread 06-25-2003, 03:21 PM
The results are in............................

I tried to post earlier but my computer freaked out, so sorry for the delay. I honestly don't know how I could have improved on Maureenie's perfect note. You are a source of strength and faith to many of us, and we all know you will get through this.

Men are dumb. None of this is your fault! I don't know why any of us were chosen to deal with such a dreadful thing, but I am trying to be open to what God has to show me during this process. I hope that your husband can react in a supportive way. If he doesn't, just chalk it up to him not knowing what to say. He needs to be there for you now, and the last thing you need is for him to say something that is both stupid and untrue.

Keep your faith strong, dear Jane! And we will all pray that the scans come out clean.

s and prayers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2003, 04:01 PM
Cancer is not your fault! I pray that

your husband can realize that!! I know what dumb things they can say because they don't know what else to say. They are more scared than we are - because we have each other. All my heartfelt prayers and hugs to you. You are strong and we will all help you with this new chapter. hugs and hugs and lots of prayers.
Unread 06-25-2003, 04:30 PM

Jane,

No way is cancer your fault. God sometimes allows these hard things to happen to us, not to punish us. Romans 8:28 says that "God works all things to our good, to those who love
Him" That means even cancer, recurrances other people's lack of support God can some how bring good from. My husband of 26 years went thru a period of being very unsupportive, even said it would have been better if I'd been hit by a bus. I learned not to rely on him, but on my faith, wonder friends who have beem there for me. An old friendship that had been damaged was healed and has deepened. Please hang on to your faith, lean on the supportive friends you have and ask God to give you more. Jane, i believe God is going to bring you thru this with flying colors.
Unread 06-25-2003, 06:03 PM

(((Jane)))

I am so sorry that this is the news you have received. It just isn't fair! However, I have come to know you as a woman of great faith and optimism, and I know that you will be able to beat this. Don't ever feel like it's your fault (although I pointed many a finger at myself during the past couple of years), and certainly allow yourself to cry. This is a time of uncertainty and transition for you, and sometimes the best way to deal with it is to cry. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and we are here to see that you find it! So if you aren't feeling the support you need at home, you have all of us cybersisters here to provide that for you. You have been there plenty of times for the rest of us, now let us return the favor.

Please know that you are on my 'er list and in my thoughts.

Unread 06-25-2003, 06:45 PM

s Jane

Just to second what all your other friends around CC have already said.
This is not your fault!!! Not now, not ever!!! And if anyone tries to take you there, just leave the room.
And you also have the right to feel down and depressed right now. Even Atlas shrugged. And you are only human. So it is back to the waiting game again. CAT scan and results. I am confident that once you are through this testing and a new treatment plan is decided upon, the courageous Jane will be back working hard again to beat this disease.
So in the meantime we will all be your shoulder to lean on.

s karenann
Unread 06-25-2003, 07:14 PM

Dear Jane
I saw your post very early this a.m. before i left for work. you have been my in my heart and prayers all day..... and will continue be.
your posts have provided me with strenght and information, inspiration, and hope. I can only echo the words of all before me....i hope the ct comes back good and the waiting time is short.
even tho this is a cold kinda tv screen thing I am overwhelmed with the feeling of great love coming thru !!!!!

Keeping you close in thought and prayer,
Unread 06-25-2003, 07:36 PM
Kick Cancer's Butt!!

Jane, I was sorry to hear your results were not as good as you had hoped. You've got some really good role models here who have been through similar situations and who have gone on to do exceptionally well.

My mother was a cervical cancer survivor, and a breast cancer survivor, and a breast cancer survivor (the other breast). When I used to get worried about my prognosis, I would think about her 3 bouts with cancer and it kept me focused on getting though what I had to do.

Try to surround yourself with positive, uplifting people and focus exclusively on kicking cancer's butt!

MoeKay
Unread 06-25-2003, 08:23 PM

Jane,
You are in my thoughts and prayers! Try to stay positive and I know you will beat this beast!!

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register