Testing question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Testing question Testing question

Unread 06-25-2003, 12:30 PM
Testing question

Hi! I am new here. I was recently had a bad pap (glandular endocervical cells)
I am having a TAH this next month. I have had years of other problems too.
Here is my question.
I have to have a Colposcopy, Endocervical Curettage (ECC) and an EMB Endometrial Aspiration Biopsy. I am looking for other who have undergone these tests. I am really terrified of the procedures.
Have any of you had these? Was it as bad as I am imagining or not?
Thank you for your help.
Blessings,
KS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2003, 12:56 PM
Testing question

Hi KS,

I've had the procedures that you've listed a few times here and there, they definitely sound alarming when you are told about them! Not to worry though, there is some pinching and minor pain with the procedures, and there's no denying that biopsies are relatively uncomfortable procedures, but overall it's not too bad.

It usually goes very quickly, and taking some ibuprofen a couple of hours prior might help a bit. I experienced a little bit of cramping afterward, but nothing too bad. Try not to worry to much, it's really not as bad as it sounds!! Good luck to you.

Beth
Unread 06-26-2003, 12:02 PM
Testing question

I just had those tests done yesterday. I was very nervous but to tell you the truth I didn't feel most of it. The sample that was taken deep in my cervix caused a bit of cramping, but nothing more then the feeling you get right before your period starts. I don't deal with pain or anxiety well and I made it through with flying colors. Now that look back I think I was more afraid of what the test may tell me as opposed to the actual procedures. Take some Motrin before you go and have a nice glass of wine when you get home. You'll do great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2003, 03:12 PM
Testing question

Thank you both for your information. I am nervous, and like you said the results are always scary. I already know that I have early stages of cervical cancer. He is doing these tests to see if it has spread before they do surgery. TAH sometime in July.

Thanks again!
Kathy
Unread 06-26-2003, 06:38 PM
Testing question

Hi Kathy,

Good luck with the tests and if you have time come back and let us know how it turns out. The waiting is very difficult, as many here will tell you, but try to take it day by day.

FYI I also have cancer in my glandular endocervix, but now I'm at almost a year cancer-free and feeling great! I will think positive thoughts for you. Take good care,

Beth
Unread 06-27-2003, 07:50 PM
Testing question

Well, the tests are done! Praise God!

It hurt like really bad cramps. However they let my husband and I watch on the monitor and it was cool.
I have had the cramps off and on since for about four hours. I took 800mgs. of Motrin before I went and it seem to be helping.

Thanks for all your advice and help. I will be having my TAH including ovaries in a couple of weeks.

Jesus is coming soon!
Love,
Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register