two yrs post prickling? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

two yrs post prickling? two yrs post prickling?

Unread 06-26-2003, 02:35 PM
two yrs post prickling?

Hi,

Has anyone who had an abdominal hysterectomy still feel a daily prickling around their stomach or hipbone area? Not pain, just a prickling poky feeling?

Thanks,
Adria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2003, 07:56 AM
two yrs post prickling?

Adria,
I have had and still have the prickling feeling. Have you talked with your about it? In my case, I've been told that I have nerve damage. I'm still working on trying to get a definitive diagnosis for that.

Unread 06-28-2003, 10:26 AM
thanks

Thanks Kim. LOL , what doctor? I did make an appt with one, guess I will keep the appt. Been avoiding it. I do believe its nerve damage. Its just something you live with and doesn't cause harm? Its great to be rid of the cramps but it would have kind of been nice not to feel stuff around my stomach area since I have known for years I couldn't have kids.

Thanks
Adris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2003, 09:48 PM
two yrs post prickling?

Kim,

Is the prickly feeling for a couple of minutes and subsides and does it usually happen in the evening?

Thanks
adria
Unread 06-29-2003, 04:18 PM
two yrs post prickling?

Adria,
The prickly feeling for me comes and goes. I haven't been able to find a pattern to it. I do know that if I've been a bit too active that it gets worse and it's not unusual for the feeling to come on if I'm lifting something.

The doctor that diagnosed me with nerve damage was a general surgeon. My gyn referred me to him when he couldn't find any answers to my ongoing abdominal and pelvic pain. This doc is such a sweetheart. He really did try his best to try and make me well again.

I have an appt with my neurologist tomorrow and I had asked him about a test to confirm this diagnosis and he had told me that he would look into it. Hopefully maybe he will have some answers for me.

Unread 06-29-2003, 08:07 PM
thanks

Thanks, hmm to cancel or not to cancel the appt. LOL

I appreciate your reply greatly.

Hugs,
Adria
Unread 06-30-2003, 11:35 AM
two yrs post prickling?

Adris,
I would keep the appointment, it certainly won't hurt to have the take a look.
Unread 07-03-2003, 09:30 PM
Kim

Did the neurologist come up with a test for nerve damage?

Thanks,
Adria
Unread 07-04-2003, 12:48 PM
two yrs post prickling?

Adria,
No! He acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. I restated our conversation and he just kept looking at me with a funny look. He said that he couldn't imagine what he was thinking when he told me that. I guess I'm back at square one, yet again! I have an appt with my Osteopathic doc on Wednesday so I will try again with her.
Unread 07-04-2003, 09:46 PM
geesh

Hi,

He looked at you funny? Men Men Men We must have had some obscure reaction. LOL Strange how docs don't understand. I have some obscure reproductive anomoly, believe me your neurologist would really look at you funny if you told him what i had. Hmm, can i cancel now? LOL I have to train the gynecologist i get. Hopefully not much.

Adria

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register