Anyone to have laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy (LSH) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone to have laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy (LSH) Anyone to have laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy (LSH)

Unread 06-26-2003, 03:39 PM
Anyone to have laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy (LSH)

I was wondering if anyone else was having a hysterectomy by LSH. My surgery is scheduled for 08/06/03 and I was hoping to get an epidural. I am afraid on g/a. Any response on what to expect.

thank for all your help Ladies! I really do appreciate it. This website has helped me alot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2003, 05:25 PM

Hi Elizabeth,

There have been several members in the past couple of months who had an LSH hyst. It's a fairly new procedure, but if you do a search (click onto the word "search" above the rectangular drop-down box at top right) and enter LSH* (it will only search on 4 characters or more) I think you'll find several threads.

Here are a couple that I found:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ghlight=lsh%2A

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ghlight=lsh%2A

I hope that these threads will be helpful to you.

's
Unread 06-27-2003, 08:08 AM

To my knowledge, if you are having a laproscopic procedure the only choice for anesthesia is general because of the gas they use to inflate the belly with the laproscope. I read that the gas can sometimes rise higher than the chest where an epidural may not cover. Good luck. There are two ways a cervix can be kept, SAH supracervical abdominal with an abdominal incision, and LSH. I have also heard recently of some having a SVH supracervical vaginal hysterectomy but it's not a procedure that's common and we have only seen about two sisters on the whole website that had this procedure. If you're really dead set against general anesthesia you may want to talk to your dr. about it as they may have another idea for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2003, 01:46 PM

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm scheduled for a LSH next week. I am so glad they can do these procedures now, and I'm really looking forward to having a nice short recovery time.

I was not given an option on anaesthesia - just general. I've had general before, at this same hospital even, and it was no problem. No nausea, easy in, easy out. They have made huge improvements in general anesth over the past few years. Actually the concept of an epidural freaks me out more...I don't want anyone messing with my spine!

Anyway, I will let you know next week how everything goes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register