Kim M-- how'd it go? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kim M-- how'd it go? Kim M-- how'd it go?

Unread 06-27-2003, 09:00 AM
Kim M-- how'd it go?

Was wondering if anyone has heard from our Kim who had a "nose job" on Monday? I imagine she's home and frustrated because she's not allowed to blow her nose for a week! I know it drove me crazy!

Hope she checks in soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2003, 11:06 AM
Kim M-- how'd it go?

Sheila,
I'm here. The surgery went well. The doc said he had to do ALOT of work. The surgery took a full 2 hours. I got the packing out on Wednesday. Geesh, that packing was awful. I decided that I looked just like Princess Fiona from Shrek. I do still have tubes in my nose, which I will get out next week. Than I can start blowing my :nose: again!

Overall I'm doing okay. I'm still pretty tired, but am trying to do lots of resting. My nose is quite sore and the right side is still pretty swollen as he had to refracture it.

I am following doc's instructions and using a saline rinse and also saltwater rinses. No blowing and strict orders to take it easy until the tubes come out.

My only problem now is I'm having these horrible headaches. They're not the same headaches I was having before the surgery. These are the sides of my temples. Nothing seems to help them. I'm hoping it'll let up a bit this afternoon as I have my first exam of the semester. Yikes! It's hard to think when your head is pounding.
Thanks for asking Sheila.
Unread 06-27-2003, 12:30 PM
Kim M-- how'd it go?

Kim, I'm glad things went well with your surgery. I can't believe you have to take an exam today! Yikes! I hope that goes well too Take it easy and let that nose heal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2003, 11:14 AM
Kim M-- how'd it go?

Kim, you are always in my thoughts.
Eileen
Unread 06-29-2003, 10:23 AM
Kim M-- how'd it go?

Kim,

I hope your headache goes away before your exam. I'll be thinking of you. Get well.

Renee
Unread 06-29-2003, 04:13 PM
Kim M-- how'd it go?

Today the headache has been a bit better. I've got my fingers crossed as I can't take much more. I have a neurologist appt tomorrow so I will talk with him about them, even though I'm pretty sure somehow this is surgery related.

I had a horrible time last night. My :nose: was sooooo sore. I was nauseated, my head was pounding and my poor nose was hurting soooo bad. I took a few pain pills and went to bed at 7pm.

It's doing better today though. I guess no matter how many surgeries you have and how prepared you think you are some of the aches and pains still catch you by surprise.

Unread 06-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Kim M-- how'd it go?

Dear Kim

I hope you're on the road to feeling better now and that your headaches will diminish.

God knows, you've been through a lot!
Good luck with the neuro appt tomorrow!

Clare
Unread 06-30-2003, 06:24 AM
Kim M-- how'd it go?

((((Kim))))

Oh sweetie I hope you feel better soon!!! Gosh, can't this road ever be over for us all??? There is nothing worse than a bad headache(well almost)- but I hope you find some relief soon and your :nose: feels better!!

Send a big Dear Sister. Good luck at Dr appt today!!
Unread 06-30-2003, 08:27 AM
kim so sorry to see you had surgery

hi ya kim.. i just saw your post sweetie.. i havent been on too much lately.. but i am so sorry to see you had surgery on your nose.. i had a deviated septum surgery once when i was 12.. i didnt like that.. it hurt alot.. i hope you feel better soon doll..take it easy.. when i had that surgery when i was 12 i had headaches afterwards for a while but they subsided eventually..be careful bending down or bending over if you drop something.. dizziness is very common after nose surgery... my thoughts are with you kim..god bless always..chris

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register