Polyp and vaginal discharge at 9 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Polyp and vaginal discharge at 9 weeks Polyp and vaginal discharge at 9 weeks

Unread 06-28-2003, 04:35 AM
Polyp and vaginal discharge at 9 weeks

I am 9 weeks post TAH/BSO for stage 1B1 cervical cancer. A week or so ago, I started having symptoms similar to what I had pre-diagnosis (watery discharge with strong odor), but with no blood this time. I went to the Dr to have it checked out and they found another polyp, which they biopsied. The also took a culture of the vaginal fluids and a UA. The UA was negative, but I have to wait until Tues to find out about the culture and biopsy.

My question is, could this possibly be a recurrence of the cancer (at 9 weeks) or just a simple benign polyp? Has anyone else had a problem similar to this? You know, there is always that cloud of possible recurrence hanging over our heads even when all the path reports come back clean. Originally, the Dr thought I wouldn't need any radiation or chemo, but I have a hunch that is about to change. Any comments or feedback would welcome. This waiting is about the worst!

MsEagle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2003, 10:46 AM

Hi
You kinda worried me. I am two weeks post op from tvh due to cervical displaysia. Which I had frozen off three times and leeped off twice but always came back. Now I've had my hyst ( kept ovaries) I too have the same discharge you are talking about. Does this mean I may have a poly thing too?
Unread 06-28-2003, 04:09 PM

(((MsEagle)))

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. You're right, waiting is the worst, and yes, we always assume that every new symptom is a recurrence. About the polyp, well, either possibility exists. It could totally be benign. It could also be cancer. We have had a couple of women here who went back for their 6 week checkup and a benign polyp was found on the vaginal cuff. Unfortunately, you won't know until the pathology report comes back. But I will keep my fingers crossed for you, and put you on my prayer list. Hopefully there is no sign of cancer and you won't need to go through any treatment.

dhsaber--polyps do not occur frequently. Any number of things can cause a discharge/odor. If you are having any new discharge or if your discharge has an irregular odor, or if you are having any concerns, please call your doctor. Only s/he can determine if there is a problem. Please let us know how you are doing!

's to both of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2003, 09:37 PM

Sorry, dhsaber, I didn't mean to cause any alarm. I hope you will check with your Dr, too.

It's so easy to assume the worst, as Jeanine said. Lord willing, neither of us will have that outcome! I'm just one that has very little patience for waiting, especially when it comes to what affects my health. Unfortunately, it does take time for pathology to do its thing and come back with an answer!

Meanwhile, I am so thankful for a place like HysterSisters to voice our fears and frustrations, knowing that there are sisters, like Jeanine, who will listen and understand and give pass out a ton of support. I think that is so !!
Unread 06-30-2003, 01:35 PM
dhsaber

Quote:
Originally posted by dhsaber
Hi
You kinda worried me. I am two weeks post op from tvh due to cervical displaysia. Which I had frozen off three times and leeped off twice but always came back. Now I've had my hyst ( kept ovaries) I too have the same discharge you are talking about. Does this mean I may have a poly thing too?
Being that you are only a couple of week out it could be that your vaginal vault is still healing, it is best to voice any concerns with your doctor.
Unread 06-30-2003, 08:50 PM
Had two week check up

Hello I had my two week check up today. Dr. said everything was fine , even said I could take a bath if I wanted. " Vaginas are not vaccums, as long as you don't stay and soak for long periods it should be okay to take a bath" even said I could drive if I felt up to it. Strange, sometimes I feel like a big faker, sometimes I feel like there is nothing wrong. I did go fishing the last two days, got a little soar, but came home took a pain pill, and was better again.
Of course I don't lift things or anything. Dr gave me another perscription for another 60 dilodids
Which I guess is another form of morphine. I was a little surprised she hands them out so freely. I told her I was down to three a day ( which was a lie, I take two a day) and she said that was very good. She also said that I might start seeing some stiches come out which would be purple. My discharge is slowing down, might stop soon. She also said that even though I was given the choice of the hysterectomy of one more leep ( only one more because thats all the cervix I had left) We had made the right decision, as the report came back showing I had cin III further up which the had not seen. So I just wanted to update you guys on what was happening. I hope you are all doing well and wish each and everyone of you a painless speedy recovery.
Unread 07-01-2003, 10:20 PM
Update

I just want to thank everyone for their support and prayers. I got the latest biopsy report back today -- just benign granulation tissue, no more cancer, and no infection! I had visions of scheduling treatments for the next X number of weeks, so this is great news. Now I can concentrate on getting rid of this cold and shoulder/neck pain before my 3-mo follow-up appointment in August for my 1st postop PAP.

((dhsaber))
Glad to hear your good news as well. Hope your recovery continues to go smoothly!

mseagle
Unread 07-02-2003, 08:08 AM

WOO-HOO!!

Benign is such a wonderful word! I am so glad that things turned out fine. Now get healthy and make sure you let us know how that PAP turns out in August!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register