Almost 9 months out-Pulling sensation? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost 9 months out-Pulling sensation? Almost 9 months out-Pulling sensation?

Unread 06-30-2003, 01:31 PM
Almost 9 months out-Pulling sensation?

Hey ladies, I know I haven't been around much lately, and I think we all know that's a good thing! We're coming up on 9 months and aside from the weight I think I'll never lose, and the "ledge" that is still there, I am sensing a pulling sensation to the lower left side of my incision scar. Is this normal, is this anything to worry about? Thanks sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2003, 02:09 PM

Hi Christy! I've been wondering how you were doing since you moved a while back. It's good to hear that mostly things are pretty good.

The pulling sensation sounds a lot like the feeling I had from some adhesions in that same area (around where my left ovary had been). I had the adhesions taken down as part of my last surgery and don't have that pulling anymore. That doesn't mean you have adhesions; that's just what it was for me.

Are you due to see your DR any time soon? You might want to mention it and see what he/she has to say. Meanwhile, if you want to read up on adhesions, www.adhesions.org has great information.

s,
-Linda
Unread 07-01-2003, 03:33 PM

Linda,
Thanks so much, yes, things are going very well for me here with my new life in Florida. I have never been so happy in my life. I do need to get in to see an OB/GYN soon, I may make it sooner than later. I had wondered about the possibility of adhesions, I had some removed Prehyst a little over a year ago. I hope you are doing well. I quit working for the summer so that I could be home with the kids, which is great-and it will allow me time again, to be on the hyster site. Thanks for your advice, and I'll let you know what I find out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2003, 09:19 PM

(((Christy)))

So nice to see you post and to hear that things are going well for you! I have that pulling thing going on too and I suspect adhesions to be the culprit. Always best to talk to the "pro" though. Do let us know what you find out.

P.S. I sent you an e-mail this afternoon!
Unread 07-02-2003, 08:05 AM

Christy,

It's great to hear from you. Glad to hear your new life is working out so well!

Maybe there are some stretching exercises/physical therapy you could do to help work this out? Might be worth looking into with your doc. Would be great if this could be fixed non-invasively, right?

Unread 07-02-2003, 02:05 PM

(((girls)))

It is so good to hear from you guys. I would be so happy if it IS adhesions(which I suspect)if I could have it taken care of nonsurgically. However, I look at it this way, I've got a tic tac toe board going on in my belly button and the ledge that will never die, SO, what's one more surgery, right? Ok, I'm being cynical, but I really feel as though I'm in more competent medical hands here than I was in Texas. I mean, we all make mistakes, but I think my darling Dr. made a few too many, don't you? Well, I hope all of you girls have a great 4th-my future MIL is coming down, and I'm really looking forward to seeing her-how common is THAT? Heehee, anyways, it's great to hear from you girls! Love to all of my hystersisters!
Unread 07-02-2003, 04:33 PM

Sounds like adhesions to me also. I'm sending you a . Adhesions can be scary as well as painful. I had some adhesions as well as an endo reoccurrence. The adhesions would hurt when I went golfing. Golfing is a quick motion that seemed to tear at them.

I went to a accupressurist/chiropractor and he seemed to know quite a bit about adhesions. He said that if you slowly stretch that you can increase your range of motion. He also said that pulling at the adhesions too quickly and causing injury will make the adhesions thicker. (something about pain receptors moving to the area) I started doing yoga and stretching the muscles. I now feel I have a full range of motion again and no pain or pulling feelings.
Unread 07-02-2003, 10:15 PM
so maybe that's what I am feeling

My surgery 9 months ago today. I still can't sleep comfy on my stomach. It's not painful just not comfy. Since I had a "perfect" recovery period and no complications I am not sure what adheasions feel like. I am very active I walk 2-3 miles 5-7 days a week and feel great--no pain. Every once in a while I'll have a second or two of burning sensations. And then it's gone.

I have a dr's appointment in August...
Unread 07-03-2003, 07:03 PM
Almost cramping...

I'm reading these posts with a lot of interest, as I'm about 9 months post-op, too, and have had very few problems.

Last couple of days, though, I felt just a little achy in right lower quadrant, almost exactly where incision/scar is. It seems to get better, then a little worse...and my mood follows right along.

Tonight, still not bad, but a little more like cramps. Looked up appendicitis, just to be sure, and it doesn't seem to be that.

I think I'm freaking some because it was this time last summer when my symptoms of lower-right quadrant pain appeared and brought me a D & C and then a LAVH for endometrial hyperplasia with complex focal atypia (follow-up lab reports post-op verified this, but no cancer...).

I also went a few daysrecently without Vivelle patch, but an back on schedule. Seems during the days off time I felt really lethargic and kind "blue," and wonder if this discomfort could also be related? Didn't have any hot flashes, though, so that's good! Am basically now taking Vivelle for osteopenia.

Would appreciate some words of assurance/comfort...I have appointment for annual check-up soon, although doctor's office wrote to say he will be out of town on scheduled day, and to call in for new appointment. Will definitely see doc, just could use some positive words to tide me over.

Just got over some weird allergic reaction...wanted to coast for a while, and now this....

Thanks for all your help,

Rose

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register