What is your opinion... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is your opinion... What is your opinion...

Unread 07-01-2003, 01:17 PM
What is your opinion...

I took everyone's advise and I am seeing a Gyn/Onc on the 11th for a second opinion for my CIN II and CIN III diagnosis. I am scheduled with my regular OB/GYN for a cone biopsy on Aug 7th but I would prefer to just go ahead with a Hyst. I am done having children and I have two little girls that I want to be around to raise. I have 'high risk' HPV and would like to just remove what is no longer needed (my uterous and cervix). I know that there are still risks of vaginal cancer but from what I have researched, with a hysterectomy the risk is slim. My normal Gyno refuses to do this as she thinks it could be removed with a cone but doesn't have a re-occurance rate to give me. Im I being too drastic wanting a hyst?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2003, 01:43 PM
What is your opinion...

Hi there.

After the colposcopy reults came back for me I told my gyn ( can't see a onc/gyn here) that I wanted a hyst right away also. He said that I needed to have the LEEP/cone done and that the results from that would say whether I was sent to a oncologist, and hyst from that point or whether we could just go ahead with the hyst. He told me that even if they came back that the LEEP had gotten it all he would still do a hyst afterwards if I wanted.

My results came back still CIN 2 and 3 with no clear margins so he scheduled a hyst. I 'think' that it's different in different places but that was the procedure here from me.

I don't want to give much of a opinion for you, as it's your choice and your health but I would suggest that you really talk with the doctor and find out his reasons for the procedure, and if you can have a hyst after if that is what you want. Good luck at the onc/gyn, wish I could see one.
Unread 07-01-2003, 03:43 PM
What is your opinion...

I understand your concern. I have 2 children and even though I wanted a third I treated what was thought to be AIS with a hysterectomy. Lucky I did. It had turned into Stage 1A cancer. That was almost 20 months ago and I am fine. 4 more months and I can officially use the word cured.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2003, 03:51 PM
What is your opinion...

What is AIS?
Unread 07-01-2003, 04:27 PM
What is your opinion...

AIS is adenocarcinoma in situ. There are two main types of cervical cancer cells The more common one is squamous cell carcinoma. Adeno cells are a bit higher up in the cervix and comprise about 10% of cervical cancers. Adeno is usually treated more aggressivley in earlier stages because it frequently returns and is harder to detect.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register