IVP Test for fistula - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

IVP Test for fistula IVP Test for fistula

Unread 07-10-2003, 03:10 PM
IVP Test for fistula

Hi Julie,

I received your PM but am confused. I think Renee has a picture of her supra. I didn't take any of mine. I also want to tell you Renee is correct. Your dr will decide which surgery will be best for you & hopefully not what is easiest for him. Although these days I do wonder about dr's. I have seen about a dozen dr's & they all agreed that I couldn't be fixed vaginally although they did say it is the prefered method whenever possible. Vaginally I wouldn't have had to have a general surgeon involved. My main risk has been my ureters & still is to this day. The Urostomy Assc. of America stresses one important point. You don't need a bladder to live but you do need your ureters to drain your kidneys. When I saw blown up colored pictures of the inside of my bladder & the damage endo had done to it I asked why it is so important to repair it? Why not just divert it & finally a Uro said sure then you can lead a normal life and now I am. I had to face a lot of prejudice from people that figured if I couldn't squat on a toliet like a "normal" person how could I possible go on! I figured if they couldn't fix it in 2 surgeries then why would I go through a 3rd or 4th or so on. Today I feel pretty good other then some vaginal pressure that I need looked at but as I tell the dr's I am not in pain just a little discomfort at times. My stoma nurse had me write down all the positives & all the negatives of having a urostomy. Well she was correct, I have more positives then negatives about my stoma. Hopefully your bump in the road will be smooth soon. I think you wanted to pm Renee. Listen to her as she has really been through it all & really knows what she is talking about. Without Renee & Louise I think I would have lost my way.

God Bless,
Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2003, 06:36 PM
IVP Test for fistula

Julie,

Just checking in to see how you're doing? You're in my thoughts as your repair date gets closer!

Lots of hugs,
Louise
Unread 07-13-2003, 04:06 PM
today has been a weepy day for me...

We went to church this morning, like every other Sunday. But as soon as the first person approached me to see how I was doing I broke down. I've been crying since.

As you all have felt or are feeling - I'm just tired. This summer has been quite a challenge for my me and my entire family. I'm looking forward to the day when my girls can see their Mommy as not sick. That's all they've seen. And that just kills me.

Physically, I'm doing ok. As long as I sit up and sit still, the leaking is minimal. But as soon as I stand, well, that's a different story.

Emotionally, I'm a wreck. I'm taking Effexor to help with the depression, but I'm not seeing much of a difference in my happiness. I'm sure once this is done & over with, I'll feel much better - all the way around.

Sorry to "whine," but I know my hubby is tired of hearing it and doesn't quite understand.

Thanks for the listening ear! You girls are a godsend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2003, 06:09 PM
Oh Sweetie...........

Dear Julie,

Big sister- you know you really are a brave, strong woman or you wouldn't have come so far.....it is OK to be depressed, we all have been there and maybe still are.....

You can feel sorry for yourself- it is all part of the big part of healing from this simply awful experience... even after you are well it is hard to answer the question of "how are you feeling", because NO ONE understands unless you have walked the mile in our shoes... so all I can say is stay strong for those wonderful kids- they are the ones who kept me going.. they are so forgiving when Mommy is sick and the unconditional love just never ends from them.

from all the sisters who have walked, and are still walking with you!!! You are the best and come and vent anytime..we are always here for you Dear Friend!! Try and get some rest- the end is in sight!!! Thinking of you and if you need anything please let me know.....
Unread 07-14-2003, 10:20 AM
IVP Test for fistula

Julie,

I soooo know how you feel. I had days where I just couldn't even get up and would cry all day...or I'd have an "event" (like cath-foley fell out) and I'd end up in the ER for hours just to have it put back in....and the embarrasement and the anger from my husband because HE COULDN'T fix ME.....he was so frustrated that I was sick. It's really hard on everyone and HARDEST on you....it's okay to be depressed...I still am. It's okay to cry....I still do....
It's a hard road. AND it's long. Just take one hour at a time....
HUGS and come here or PM me ANYtime....
Renee
Unread 07-14-2003, 05:59 PM
IVP Test for fistula

Thank you for all your support. That's about all I can say now.

I'm worn out! And it makes me SO SAD that we now have another fistula sister here with us. Unreal....

I know we have a GREAT GOD who looks over us, His dear children. But right now, I'm feeling like a stepchild.

My DH and girls have been great. And my friends as well. But don't you get tired of everyone talking and looking at you with pity and saying "How are you today?" "I'm so sorry." What do you say? "Same Stuff, Different Day!"

Again, you guys are great with all your support. Thank you!
Unread 07-14-2003, 06:07 PM
IVP Test for fistula

Hi Julie,

I just read your post & just wanted you to know that I understand how you are feeling. Most of it will pass with time. I have had many long days & nights but 6 weeks post op & I am now able to say I am feeling good. Today was my first day to drive since the middle of November. I took my dog & cat to the vet 30 minutes away. When I stopped to fill up with gas & to mail a box to the grandkids everyone was quite surprised to see me & asked how I was doing. I was able to say with honesty that I am feeling better than I have in years. I am tired & sore now but feel like I have really accomplished something today. The real surprise was that noone at the Vet's office knew anything was wrong with me. I looked like everyone else there. You will get there in time. It is a long & slow road but is well worth it. Hopefully you will have a full recovery as so many have had. I know I must have looked good because my carpenter hadn't seen me since before my last surgery (he was at the gas station) He stopped by this afternoon with some sweet corn & wanted to know if I wanted a truck load to freeze. After we had a good laugh I told him I had better pass on that this year but I plan to be canning & freezing again next year! The main thing is to remember that no matter how awful you feel right now you will get better! It really does help to talk about it & cry when you feel like it. Shh! Don't tell anyone but I'll let you in on a little secret. I'm not nearly as strong as a lot of people think I am. I just had a lot of shoulders to cry on!

God Bless,
Terry
Unread 07-14-2003, 07:13 PM
IVP Test for fistula

Terry et al,

YOU ARE a strong person. I am too. How the heck would we have gone through this if we weren't strong. AND I know whatcha mean about still crying too....that doesn't mean your're not strong that means your're HUMAN and have been through a LOT!!!!

I admire all of we woman for going through what we've gone through....

Now I'm waiting for the pathology report on my biopsy's.....waiting is hard.....but I do have a good feeling about me NOT having cancer....

Take care all my fistula sisters AND any woman who's gone through "stuff".....it's very hard.

Renee
Unread 07-14-2003, 07:53 PM
IVP Test for fistula

Hi Julie

You are doing soooo well Dear Sister...you are almost there!! I know how long the days and nights are waiting, but time passes ever so slowly and you do get there!!!

I too was sorry about our new fistulasister- thought we could have some rest, but always more help to go around.. Take care and do rest- I am thinking and sending a big from me to you!!!
Unread 07-15-2003, 10:33 AM
IVP Test for fistula

Hey Julie & Renee,

I guess I stand corrected. I am a strong person but it is my sense of humor that is getting me through. My favorite of all lines is one from an "ostomate". She ends with "Due to intense brain fog all thoughts have been grounded". I get a lot of advice & tips from all of them but I really enjoy their never ending humorous tales of living with a stoma. Right now they have a website to register the name of our stomas. I have actually fallen off of my chair laughing so hard. My husband is now threatening to install a seat belt. The United Ostomy Association is having their annual meeting next month in Las Vegas & if I was able to travel I would definately be there. I am sure they will have a wonderful time & it would sure be great to actually talk in person. Sometimes I get so mad at my dh because he will make a joke when the dr is trying to be serious but I realize it is his way of dealing with it all.

Terry

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register