First Post | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-01-2003, 06:06 PM
First Post

This is my first time posting here. A friend that also had a Hyster told me of this site and I have just been browsing for a couple of days. I had a TAH/BSO and Lymph node testing on June 5th. I was diagnosed with early Uterine Cancer on May 13th after having a D&C and removal of a large Fibroid. I also have Polysistic ovarian syndrome. I am 31 years old and was in total shock. That wasn't even a thought in my head when my OB/GYN ordered the procedure for irregular bleeding! Anyway, I was sent for a CT scan and refered to an GYN/ONC. It was just one month shy of the D&C anniv that I had my surgery! I am a pretty heathy person and this was my 1st major surgery and I really thought I was prepared for what was going to happen to me. That was a mistake! It really is an emotional roller coaster! I did have my 2 week post-op and The path report was very good. The D&C actually got all the Cancer, there wasn't any in My uteris, ovaries, tubes or cerivx. I finally have the relief that I needed. I do have follow up with the GYN/ONC, but That is four months from now! I am just shy of 4 weeks post-op and I am starting to feel better now! Not in pain, just a little uncomfortable! I don't mean to ramble, but I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there that has gone through this at a young age (I was told women in their 50's get this) like I am!
Thank goodness for this awesome site!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2003, 08:43 PM
Hi

We share the same dx. I am a bit older, 44 at dx, but still was told I was too young for this type of ca. Please ask any questions, concerns .....This is a great site.....I relied and still do on the support I get here.
Unread 07-02-2003, 11:54 AM
First Post

Yikes when you say women in their 50's you make us sound old!!!!!!!! I still think im in my 30's!! Im 49 and had endo cancer diagnosed after my ovary and cyst was removed. It is a shock and i still find myself 6 months later dwelling on it. Anyone any idea how to stop this self pitying!!?? You are so lucky it was caught early. I think thats what we should try and be positive about.
Take care

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2003, 01:27 PM
First Post

Carine,

I also was diagnosed with cancer after a "routine" D+C done for heavy unexplained bleeding and what they said were fibroids. I may seem old to you, but was also told I was young for this at age 40! I was in complete shock for the 12 days between getting the diagnosis and having the surgery. All through my hospital stay I remember thinking that any day they will come and tell me it is all a mistake! I think I was into my radiation therapy before I actually believed that the c-word could refer to me! I am so glad you are doing well! You are certainly not alone in your diagnosis. It seems everyone I have contact with who had the same as me was also told they were too young (makes you wonder who made up these guidelines in the first place...)Please keep us posted.

Esther
Unread 07-02-2003, 09:53 PM
you never know

Hi Carine. I never would have guessed that after suspecting endometiosis and having an ovarian cyst, that my gyn would have found cancer inside it during a laparscopy. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy and both ovaries removed at the age of 35. Yikes! Things are going well though. I really haven't had any complications. (I'm 7 weeks post op). I can do without the hot flashes though, and really don't want to take any hormone replacement. Anyway, I'm glad you found this site, too.
Unread 07-03-2003, 07:21 AM
Too Young

Hi Carnie,
I to was told I was very young, I was 37 when I was diagnosed with stage 1 grade 1 endometrial cancer. I had a hard time in the beginning mentally, but it has been over a year now and I am back to normal, my checkups have been great. I have learned to live day to day! I wish you the all the best!

Laurie
stich000
Unread 07-03-2003, 12:57 PM
I wish they'd told me I'm too young..

Ha, no one said that to me... I had just turned 50 when diagnosed. I hadn't had a period in almost a year when out of the blue I got a doozie of one....

After an ultra sound and biopsy.. (I was still thinking it was just a hormone thing), my doc called with the results and I guess I must have been sort of expecting it because I was pretty calm about it all. We talked on the phone and she was very sure it was "early" and that surgery would cure me. I was cool with that. I did all my research on-line and was somewhat nervous about maybe she was wrong... but, as it all turned out, she was right and it was early and I'm now trying to convince myself that I was very LUCKY.

So far, 50 stinks.. but I figure it can only get better. I'm still not feeling 100% yet.. still get tired, still get little pains and pulls and a whopping back ache, but.. it could be worse.

Hang in there sisters... this is a terrific support group. I'm glad I found it before surgery and I can't even imagine what I'd be doing without this...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register