No post-op appt.? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No post-op appt.? No post-op appt.?

Unread 07-02-2003, 06:12 AM
No post-op appt.?

Does it seem abnormal to anyone else that my Dr doesn't need to see me for a post-op exam?? I went in 8 days post to have my catheter removed (bladder was torn), she looked at my incison and said everything looked good and doesn't need to see me for another year?!?!?!

I totally trust she knows her stuff, but she does often seem flighty with too much goin on in her head. Doesn't she need to check internal healing and what-not??

Thanks and well wishes, Julie (2 weeks post tah)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2003, 06:44 AM
No post-op appt.?

Yes I think your dr. should definitely see you. I had a one week check up and am scheduled this week for a three week check up. I assume she will also schedule a five or six week check up when I see her next week. I would call and tell her you'd like to see her post op whether she thinks it's necessary or not. I think that's weird.
Unread 07-02-2003, 07:47 AM
Hi,

I had a 2 week and a 6 week post op. I know what you mean about and having things on their mind, mine sometimes seems to be that way. I am sure they expect you to call or come in if you have any problems. Did she give you a list of do's and don'ts for post surgery? I would call the office and maybe make an appointment to see her in a couple of weeks as well.

Take care of yourself and have a smooth recovery.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2003, 08:17 AM
No post-op appt.?

I only saw my doc once, but it was at 4 weeks. He did an internal to check the healing inside, as well as the incision and asked questions about how I was feeling, etc. Seems like that would be really critical -- to take a look inside and see how everything's holding together there.
Unread 07-02-2003, 08:18 AM
No post-op appt.?

1 weeks and 3 weeks checking in here. Surely there must be question that you have, I would definitely make her see me again. I even have to go again in three months which will be August, and I don't have any post op treatment, dr. said all cancer is gone. Call and make an appointment. You will feel better for the knowledge.
Unread 07-02-2003, 08:27 AM
No post-op appt.?

I had to go back 5 days post op for removal of staples and drain tube, 2 weeks for quick internal exam, six weeks for another internal and I go back again in 6 months. This sounds like a lot compared to what you're scheduled for. I think I'd call the office and see if there was a mistake. Seems strange to me to release you without you are healed enough.
Unread 07-02-2003, 10:20 AM
No post-op appt.?

Hi, I got out of the castle 8 days ago. Today I called my doctor to see when she wanted to see me. She said not for 4 weeks. I said, WOW!! If there was any problems I was having, it would be different, but that is when she usually sees her patients after their castle visit. I guess its up to the doctor. But, I also think that if you feel that something is wrong, call her and ask to be seen. Its your body, and its better to be safe.
Carlson
adeno/endo/fibroid
8 days post-op
Unread 07-03-2003, 08:18 AM
No post-op appt.?

okay, so my doc is anairhead sometimes!! I called the officeand asked the receptionist what the normal protocol for hyst patients was in there and she said a 6 week check up. So I made an appointment.

Thanks for the push!!
Unread 07-03-2003, 08:26 AM
No post-op appt.?

If the doctor that did your surgery doesn't want to see you, I would definately get another OB/GYN to check you at 6-8 weeks. There is NO excuse for that kind of medical "practice".
Good luck.
lovebunnies
SAH 5/19/03
*athough I am a medically trained professional, this is my personal experience. You should consult your physican for medical treatment and advice.
Unread 07-03-2003, 11:06 AM
No post-op appt.?

How are you going to know when to resume anything? I'd call and make an appointment and make sure she checks you. And don't leave until you have answers to all your questions.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register