My Daughter | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Prayer Requests for Hyster Sisters

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-02-2003, 08:05 PM
My Daughter

Please pray for my family. We have been having major problems for the last 2 years with my daughter who is now 16. I never thought we would be going through these things. I thought we raised her right and brought her up in church. Up until high school she was very quiet and got good grades. Now she is totally disrespectful. Cusses,lies,sneaks out of the house. Now last week she stayed at a girlfriend's house for 2 days and nights which we had approved of because she refused to go out of town with me,my husband and other daughter. When we got back,we found out she had been arrested for shoplifting. She will have to go to court and have a juvenile record now. I'm not sure what will come of this. We don't have the money for fines and wouldn't pay them with our own money at this point anyway. She may have to go to juvenile detention. Please keep us in your prayers. I have major health problems for 3 yrs since my hysterectomy and this is putting more pressure on my health and I am extremely depressed now and cry all the time at work. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2003, 10:37 PM
My Daughter

Sonshine,
I am so sorry to hear about your problems with your DD, I m glad you came here for prayers, I will be happy to pray for you, Your DD and the rest of your family. God is able and will hear your prayers.

Father God in Heaven, we bring Sonshine and her family before you, Sonshine and her family has been having difficult major problems with her DD going on two years now, her DD problems have escalated, she is now a shoplifter, we are asking for Your Spiritual divine intervention, speak to this young lady's mind and heart, redirect her mind, open up her eyes and let her see that this is hurting her parents and the rest of her family. Sonshine has many health complications, ease her stress and depression, keep her body strong, don't let her health get any worse, Give Sonshine courage and your strength to endure what has happen and will happen. Keep this family under your Tender loving powerful care, surround Sonshine DD with your shield of protection, help her DD to realize that the road she is on is not the right road and it will lead to destruction, guide her and bring her back on the right path, let her know that her parents and family loves her and want what is best for her. Go with Sonshine and her DD to court, let your will be done. Please bring peace and relief to this troublesome situation, we ask in your gracious name, Amen.

Sonshine, May God be with you all and bring you his peace.
Unread 07-03-2003, 02:46 AM
My Daughter

I will keep you and your family on prayer. I will also be specifically be praying for your daughter.

Your situation sounds like a period we wnt through with our youngest DD when she was 13-16. It was 3 long years of seeking God and holding up against attacks from the enemy. She tried shoplifting, drinking, drugs, running away, and a suicide attempt. We also had those feelings of "why us" and "we raised her in a good home". The truth is that each of us has free will to choose which decisions to make; sometimes our children make the wrong ones despite of their upbringing. We had many people praying for us and our DD - that is what got us through the most terrible moments. When she tried to kill herself with an overdose the reality of how little control we have hit us. We really control nothing and had to place it all in God's hands. I can happily now say that our DD is now 23 years old, married, in her last year of nursing school, and recently started a new job - in of all places, at a hospital working with adolescents who are in drug & alcohol treatment, depression, suicide attempts and rebellion. So, she is actually working with kids "who were her 10 years ago". God always has a plan. He has taken her most painful experiences and is now using her for His purposes. Most importantly at age 16 she rededicated her life to Christ! She has been on mission trips to Haiti and Romania working with orphans and young people.

Don't give up hope. Pray for your daughter without stopping. If she needs counseling or treatment, send her. Love her is spite of her rebellion. One thing our DD now says to us is "thank you for never giving up on me".

I will be praying! Please keep us updated on how things are going.

Sending many s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2003, 01:43 AM
My Daughter

Whew.... it's so hard with our kids.

I had a youth minister tell me that the best thing I could ever do for my kids is to tell them over and over and over that I love them.
... even when they are being so bad... in fact, especially when they were being so bad.

Sometimes when my kids have been doing self-destructive things,
I take them on a time out.
We go to the movies,
go to dinner, stuff they like to do...
.... don't even bring up their garbage...

I just spend some time "hanging out" with them
to remind us both how much I love them.

I also have to remember to take care of myself... take some refreshing time for me
and my hubby and me.

We have six kids.... five of them are 19-25 years old,
and one 9-year-old.

They have been through some pretty horrid things.

I'm saying a prayer for you,
your daughter..... and your family right now, Sonshine.

What helps me through times like this is
knowing even as much as I love my children... our God loves them more. And even if they don't know it today... he is their God, too.

loving thoughts
Unread 07-07-2003, 10:18 AM
My Daughter

For some reason, some of us have to go through difficult
times with our kids as they become adults. Our son made
some bad decisions during college, and I could not understand it.
He also was reared in a good, loving, Christian home attending
church every week. Now that he is 23, I asked him what did we
do wrong? He replied, we did nothing wrong. It's learning to
make your own decisions and to think for yourself that sometimes causes bad judgment. Free will..... I also read that you cannot
feel responsible for things of which you have no control.
Mchinesly said it so well to show unconditional love, and
LynnMary's daughter said something so important,
"Thank you for never giving up on me." I had a dream once
where my son graduated from college and said exact
same words to us.
I pray that our Lord guide your daughter and your
family to the right people who can help you, and that your
daughter will find God's right path to follow.
Unread 07-07-2003, 11:30 AM
ENCOURAGEMENT

DEAREST SONSHINE,
I WILL SURELY PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER. I HAVE A FAVORITE POEM FROM MY FAVORITE DEVOTIONAL BOOK "STREAMS IN THE DESERT" I HAVE TWO TEENAGE BOYS AND KNOW THE HELPLESSNESS YOU MUST BE FEELING. IT IS IN THOSE TIMES AND MANY OTHERS THAT I READ AND TAKE COMFORT IN THE FOLLOWING:

DEAR RESTLESS HEART, BE STILL; DON'T FRET AND WORRY SO
GOD HAS A THOUSAND WAYS HIS LOVE AND HELP TO SHOW
JUST TRUST, AND TRUST UNTIL HIS WILL YOU KNOW.

DEAR RESTLESS HEART, BE STILL, FOR REST IS GODS OWN SMILE.
HIS LOVE CAN EVERY WRONG AND SORROW RECONCILE
JUST LOVE, AND LOVE AND LOVE AND CALMLY WAIT AWHILE.

DEAR RESTLESS HEART, BE BRAVE, DONT MOAN AND SORROW SO
HE HAS A MEANING KIND IN CHILLY WINDS THAT BLOW
JUST HOPE, AND HOPE , UNTIL YOU BRAVER GROW

DEAR RESTLESS HEART, RECLINE UPON HIS BREAST THIS HOUR
HIS GRACE IS STRENGTH AND LIFE, HIS LOVE IS BLOOM AND FLOWER.JUST REST, AND REST AND REST WITHIN HIS TENDER POWER.

DEAR RESTLESS HEART, BE STILL, DONT STRUGGLE TO BE FREE
GODS LIFE IS IN YOUR LIFE (AND OUR CHILDRENS)
FROM HIM YOU/OUR CHILDREN CANNOT FLEE.
JUST PRAY, AND PRAY AND PRAY TIL YOU HAVE FAITH TO SEE.

I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AS IT HAS ME. REMEMBER THAT GOD IS IN CONTROL AND LOVES YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER AND WILL WORK ALL THINGS TOGETHER FOR GOOD AND THAT HE NEVER LEAVES ANY OF US. I PRAY THAT GOD WILL WRAP HIS ARMS AROUND YOU AND GIVE YOU COMFORT AND PEACE TO SEE THIS THROUGH. I KNOW HE WILL AND I PRAISE HIM FOR THE WONDERFUL WAY HE WILL REVEAL HIMSELF TO YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER THROUGH THIS AWKWARD AND DIFFICULT TIME.

LOVE IN CHRIST,

LORIBELL
Unread 07-16-2003, 08:08 PM
My Daughter

Thank you everyone for all your kind words. I really appreciate all your encouragement and prayers. It's nice to hear from those who have gone through this and come out the other side. When a person's in the middle of this mess, it can really seem like there is no hope in sight. I have many people praying for my daughter and I know God answers the prayers of His children. Thanks again.

Brenda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register