Uro Appointment - cystocele & rectocele :( - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uro Appointment - cystocele & rectocele :( Uro Appointment - cystocele & rectocele :(

Unread 07-06-2003, 02:10 PM
Uro Appointment - cystocele & rectocele :(

Gidge
Sounds like you may finally be getting some answers! Maybe, just maybe you are finally on your way off this Road. I think this doctor sounds great, she's being very thorough, not to mention the speed at which she got you scheduled for the test. Sounds like it was worth the wait.

As for the razorblade feeling, I had that after a test the uro-gyn performed in his office. They numbed my uretha and than put in a scope and shot air up there. I don't recall what the name of the test was but I know it hurt like heck afterwards!

Keep us posted sweetie. I am ing that you are on your way to painfree happier days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2003, 09:10 AM

thanks girls

I'm stilling having some burning, which I hope is natural, it doesn't feel like infection....hopefully it will be done soon.....things don't feel as "crowded" down there at the moment, I wonder if pushing the scope in through my urethra moved things around a bit? Or it could just be cause I've been staying off my feet for the last couple days, tomorrow, when I go back to work (yes the holidays are over after today ) will be the real test.

I am suppose to call the uro today for a follow up appointment but since I haven't had this xray thing yet I'm thinking they'll wait but at least it will put a bug in the assistants ear to book the xray...

my fingers are crossed too that once this is fixed I can find an offramp!!!
Unread 07-08-2003, 12:56 PM

ok back at work today after a week of holidays and my cystoscopy on Friday......and boy is this starting to hurt, I guess the more I'm on my feet and I"m sitting at my desk instead of in my comfy reclining chair......sorta feels like I"ve got something stuck up there and of course I don't and boy is it hurting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2003, 04:57 PM

just wanted to update y'all and let you know that my uro's assistant finally did get back to me with an appointment for my xray and follow up.

I go for the xray next Wed July 16th (still don't know what it's called) the dr said at my appointment that they do it with you standing up and it should show where my prolapses are in relation to each other and the rest of my organs, the assistant didn't elaborate but did say I didn't require any prep for it (yipee!!)

my follow up with the uro is Wed July 30th......which hopefully will be when we discuss how we're going to repair it/them.....my GP seems to think she will be able to take care of it herself for me so that's good as I"m very comfortable with her so far.

onward and forward
Unread 07-11-2003, 06:05 PM

((((Gidge)))) Thanks for the update Sounds like things might just be working out for you. And your uro doctor sounds absolutely fabulous... well, worth the wait. I must say I really liked mine too: very gentle, very thorough and seems pro trying non-invasive methods first.

Your X-Ray sounds interesting and isn't it great that you need no prep? !!!
Unread 07-11-2003, 06:49 PM

I'm so glad that she finally called you with a date and it's soon too! I am ing that this doctor will be the one to fix you and get you on your way to painfree days and nights and feeling good again!
Unread 07-14-2003, 10:21 AM

thanks Kim and Dany

yeah can't come soon enough for me....especially today, feels like everything has moved over to the left side....does anyone know can a prolapse do that?? And my bladder is burning like mad today despite my regular dose of ditropin....started yesterday afternoon

I"m thinking I may call the xray place and just confirm my appt time and if there is anything I need to do prior, just cause this lady is so dipsy doodle.......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register