Action Movies | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Action Movies Action Movies

Unread 07-04-2003, 08:19 AM
Action Movies

Ladies,

This might be a new one. DH has wanted to see several of the lastest action movies. I thought it was an ok idea due to seeing every Terminator movie & the first Matrix movie. I have had a migraine for several days now but the headache was down to just being annoying. We were able to get tickets for the new Matrix movie & DH was very happy. The movie started & all seemed well for a few minutes. The music became very loud, my headache cranked up & my stomach started doing flip flops. I didn't want to upset DH so just sat quietly & closed my eyes. Noise from movie continued to become louder & the special effects were spectacular when I peeked at them. Headache contiued to crank up so I covered one eye. This time DH noticed since it was my right eye (I am blind in left eye). He asked me if I was ok & so let him know about headache & stomach problems. He asked if we needed to leave. I said let me try it for a few more minutes. A few minutes passed & I knew my cookies were coming up. I left, took care of things & then returned. DH immediately had us leave. DH & DS very attentive & concerned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2003, 09:00 AM
bad movie?

Was the movie that bad????
Unread 07-04-2003, 09:23 AM
Action Movies

Hi Elgra,

What you are describing sounds like what I get when I develop a migrane. (problems with light, headache that worsens, and nausea). The lights and loud noise make it worse. Sometimes migranes can be triggered by hormonal changes. When I get a migrane the best thing I can do is to lie down in a dark, quite room. No lights, no noise. I put an ice pack on the back of my neck. I also have a prescription Imitrex injection that helps. If I am not getting any relied I occasionally need to go the the ER for IV meds. This is definately something you should talk to your doctor about. Please give them a call so that they can determine what caused this problem for you. It is always best to be safe and find out what is going on. Hope you are feeling better today.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2003, 05:29 PM
Thanks for your quick response!

LynnMaryVL,

I used to have a prescription for Imitrex which worked the first couple of times like magic but then started getting heart symptoms. They tried a number of things & finally put me on Amiltryptiline (sp). I stopped taking that in May due to running out & it seemed like it wasn't doing anything for me after 5 years of use. Then the gyn dr put me on Sarafem which is a low dose of Prozac. I have just had blood work done & will have results on Monday to see if this is a hormone issue. I had an LAVH with leaving one ovary on June 10th. The one ovary may not be functioning so who knows where this will lead. The hyster experience is quite a journey very similiar to the infertility journey we went through. It is not an exact science & seems to vary between people. What was your hardest week after recovery? It is starting to sound like the 3rd & 4th weeks are the worst due to being off pain meds & finally hitting your limits. I will talk to the dr on Monday. Thanks again for your help.
Unread 07-05-2003, 01:17 AM
Action Movies

I have to be very careful about when I go to a movie. If I have been having a headache then the theater is a definate no. I have noticed that certain movies are very loud and the flashing lights can be a big trigger. It seems like the theaters are cranking up the sound to uncomfortable levels a lot of the time. I defiantely can't go to the giant Imax screens- that is a definate trigger. In fact, tomorrow DH is going to see The Matrix 2 at the IMAX!

Sorry you had to have that bad experience. It's nice that your DH is so understanding and caring!
Unread 07-05-2003, 07:49 AM
Thanks!

Diana,

That's exactly what I experienced. The theaters do crank up the noise in the theaters. The reason my DH is so understanding is because he too suffers from migraines. We have both had to leave concerts before due to flashing lights. My migraines have been a lot less during the past 3 years so my thoughts are this may be a hormonal problem. I don't know if you have The Hyster Sisters Guide book but on page 99 it talks about hormonal headaches. This helped a lot. I also am now remembering my Mom talking about getting headaches from taking iron. I am hoping she will remember. She's 82. It is a tough balancing act to figure out. I also have to balance my Type II diabetes in the mix as well.
Unread 07-05-2003, 08:39 AM
Action Movies

When my husband went to get my pain med RX filled, he came home with a bunch of videos for us to watch since we were house bound. I was too impressionable and little things nauseated me. I wonder if you are still affected by all the "drugs" that you were given in the hospital. I think back now and not only did little stuff make me sick but I couldn't sleep because they gave me nightmares. They weren't even gorey things. Just anything that was slightly depressing. Hope that gets better for you. We are just "delicate" right now, it will get better.
Unread 07-05-2003, 11:11 AM
Interesting thought

I hadn't thought about it possibly being due to the drugs given during surgery. I know it was affecting me the first week but how long does that stuff stay in your system. I am also going to research some of the side affects from an Iron supplement which was prescribed due to anemia. We really are delicate right now. I think that I have a better handle now on what my limits are due to going off the pain meds. The pain meds seemed to have masked how much healing is still occuring. Right now my tummy feels like I have been doing sit ups regularly. I had considered going back to work next week but now will wait another week & go back 1/2 days for a week or two.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register