Chemo #3 Scheduled for 7/7 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Chemo #3 Scheduled for 7/7 Chemo #3 Scheduled for 7/7

Unread 07-07-2003, 06:46 PM
Chemo #3 Scheduled for 7/7

Well, ladies, just a quick note to let you know that all went well today and I've got my 3rd chemo treatment under my belt! I'm officially halfway through the chemo!! Both my red and white blood cell counts were good and I've got to go back tomorrow for another shot of Neulasta.

It was a long process today and I'm a little tired (I had to run over to the hospital for the radiation treatment and that, too, was a long process).

Anway, you're all such angels to listen to my woes. Even if our treatments are not all the same, I know we all identify with the feelings and frustrations. Wouldn't know what I'd do if I didn't have this site. You helped me so much!

Thank you and God bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2003, 07:14 PM

Glad to hear that your third treatment went off without a hitch!! Only three more to go...Horray for you.

Rosalie
Unread 07-07-2003, 07:59 PM
Maureenie, just wanted to let you know

that I am thinking about you and keeping good thoughts in my heart for you!!! You are going through a lot right now, and with such a great spirit!!! You deserve big hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2003, 09:58 PM

Hooray for keeping on schedule, and for having counts that hold up so well! IMHO, that's a true blessing, even if it doesn't seem like it is. :-) May your Third Chemo side effects be minimal! :-)
Unread 07-08-2003, 04:51 AM

So glad you finished your 3rd. May few side effects come your way. Take Care.

Ruth S
Unread 07-08-2003, 05:20 AM
Maureenie,

Here's hoping your third chemo has few side efects.

You are one strong lady, to be doing both radiation & chemo at the same time. I know about those side effects of the radiation, I hope you are starting out with those baby wipes when the diarreah occurs. It makes such a diference.

About the dialator, my radiation onc, told me to be using it or having sex throughout radiation. So when I got fitted for my internal it was a piece of cake. Well, I was asleep so who knows for sure. He didn't tell me that I would need to be using it afterward, for the rest of my life. hmmmmm, I'm going to have to ask my dr this Wed. about that.

That was a good description about the baboons. You should see what the pre-op stuff is when you are scheduled for a total pelvic exeneration. Whewww... my butt was never so raw in it's life. They kept giving me meds to make it worse, I think, plus pain pills to keep my stomach from hurting too much, but they really needed to give me something for that raw butt. thank goodness I can laugh about it now....

Anyway, as always, keeping you in my prayers....

's & ers to you...
Unread 07-08-2003, 06:34 AM
Maureenie

I just wanted to wish you the best of luck with the days following your chemo. I am glad that you are doing well, considering. Sending huge Hugs and many prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register