Night Sweats | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-06-2003, 01:45 PM
Night Sweats

Hi-
I'm about 18 days out from a TAH/BSO. Due to endo, I can't take hormones yet. I am having terrible night "flashes" or sweats. I start out sleeping and am very cold then I wake about 2 hours later hot and sometimes sweaty. Anyone else experience this? Is there anything I can take for it? I am taking 20 mg. of balck cohash 2x day and 800 mg. of vitamin E via Dr. advice.

Thanks in advance.
Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2003, 07:24 AM
Night Sweats

Hi Lee, This is about the same time I started experiencing night sweats too. I had to wait 6 weeks to start on any type of HRT, also due to my endo. I didn't find anything to take that really helped mine. I did use a fan, blowing right on me at night. That would help to cool me off faster once I had one. It seems like as soon as I'd wake up or roll over, then bam, I'd have a hot flash. At first I thought moving was causing them, but I figured out that I was probably moving or waking due to the hot flash starting up.
Once I started on my HRT, my hot flashes seemed to get less intense, and they stopped within a couple of weeks.
How long do you have to wait before starting on you HRT? Did your doctor give you a time frame? Mine told me from the start that it would be 6 weeks. I was counting the days.
Take care!
Unread 07-08-2003, 07:54 AM
Night Sweats

Hi Nancy,

I see you are from Flushing. I live in Swartz Creek-We are neighbors! My doctor said two months That is why I am looking for some relief now. I may be crazy by then!

Thanks
Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Night Sweats

Hi Again Lee, We really are close, aren't we. I saw you were from Michigan, but now I know where. If you'd like, we could meet for something cool to drink somewhere. Let me know (send me an e-mail or a private message), I'm pretty flexible.
I too thought I would go crazy. I wasn't getting enough rest because I couldn't sleep at night. I tried napping as much as possible during the day, but I still seemed short on sleep all the time. Just take it one day (and one hot flash and night sweat) at a time. Soon you will be at the 2 month mark. Then hopefully your HRT will kick in quickly and you'll start to rid yourself of those awful .
Take care!
Unread 07-08-2003, 06:03 PM
Night Sweats

Hi Lee,

My TAH/BSO was 6-19-03, I too have been cold on several occassions going to bed. I live in So. California and it has been near 100 degrees during the day! Several nights I've had to put on my winter pjs and yes I've had warm flushes that seem to hit on awakening. Somewhere (probably Here) I read that being cold was due to blood lose. But at 3 weeks out, that's hard to apply. So, I just think that the internal thermometer is wacky! What exactly CAUSES hot flashes anyways? besides no hormomes?

Keep drinkng water, layer your bed clothes, maybe a fan bedside or a cool wash cloth might help and you won't have to get up and feel awake.

Make sure your doctor knows how unacceptable these symptoms are for you and get relief as soon as you can if you want it. I was surprised (and happy for those) that said their docs would give them hrt at 6 weeks. Mine said 6 mos!

May you sleep well tonight!
Unread 07-10-2003, 10:51 PM
Night Sweats

I am post op 4 months & having terrible night sweats & hot flashes. I was told to use Progesta-Care which is a cream to be applied topically to different areas of the body. My friend said it made the world of difference & fast. I can not take hormones but this is an all natural herbal cream. I plan to order some for myself tomorrow & will let you know my results. (www.progestacare.com) Hope this information helps you out.
Good Luck,
Amy
Unread 07-11-2003, 07:38 AM
Thank you

Thank you for all your wonderful suggestions. I can say that I have actually slept the past three nights without any "sweats". I do wake up in the morning and sweat when I sit up. It feels like a hot flash. THen that is it. I seemed to have "turned" the corner at the three week mark. I feel much better-less sorness. I wonder it that had something to do with the sweats!

Thanks for all your suggestions.
: Lee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register