Please keep your fingers crossed for me... Epidural steroid injection #2 today!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please keep your fingers crossed for me... Epidural steroid injection #2 today!!! Please keep your fingers crossed for me... Epidural steroid injection #2 today!!!

Unread 07-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Please keep your fingers crossed for me... Epidural steroid injection #2 today!!!

Well sisters, I am having my second set of injections at 9am and DH is taking me (this should be fun)..

I am praying that this one gives me some relief as the first one made it all worse. You know the saying "If it can go bad, it will!" This is the story of my life right now. Well, for the past 10 years to be exact!!

I dont know why I am nervous about it AGAIN!! It really was not that bad HAVING the injections until afterwards. Hopefully it wont be as bad this time around.

My Aunt is gone and I bawled all the way home from the airport. I just wish I had that kind of contact support all of the time. It was really nice to have her to talk to and to take up for me when DH acted like a butt.

PLEASE keep your fingers crossed and pray for me that these injections work or I will have a nervous breakdown!!

HUGS to all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2003, 08:47 AM
Please keep your fingers crossed for me... Epidural steroid injection #2 today!!!

(((Pam)))) Just wanted to send positive vibes for your appointment. You're in my thoughts and ers, hoping that all will be right and that this second injection will help.

Unread 07-07-2003, 11:14 AM

Pam,
I will be ing very hard that injection #2 will give you some relief. I'm sending s and hopes for painfree days and nights ahead for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2003, 12:47 PM

((((Pam))))

Thinking of you sweetie!!! here is to pain free days ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 07-07-2003, 03:36 PM

Thanks for the warm wishes, hugs and prayers!!

I thought I would post while I am still numb and have no pain right now because I KNOW it will get bad after the lidocaine wears off.

I had the day from "YOU KNOW WHERE" I was suppose to be in at 9am and was not in until 1:30pm because they had a patient that has been in the hospital come in this morning and while I was laying in the room next to him he coded. It felt like a scene right off of ER... It took they almost an hour and a half to stableize him. Needless to say I was NOT too upset having to wait after that. BUT DH was furious!! He had to be at work at 1pm and at around 12:30 he went out and started complaining to the staff about having to get to work and I was still laying there. It was ALL about his getting to work on time. I just started crying and went and called my friend to come up there to get me after I was done and thank god she was not busy and could come. I yelled at him to just GO so he would not be late and I would find a way home. So he told me if I needed anything to call him at work. I asked him what he would do if I called him and he said he did not know. I told him I would call someone that WOULD help me if I needed anything.

The procedure was again painful and he did more to my right side because the nerve pain had gotten worse on that side. Now my leg is numb and weak and I can hardly walk on it but he said it happens so it is nothing to worry about unless it stays that way. I am praying that this one helps more and he also upped my nerve meds bigtime since he had me on the lowest dose.

Well it is time to lay down and rest since I know I will be sore later. Thanks so much for the prayers, keep them coming!!

HUGS!!
Unread 07-07-2003, 07:47 PM

Oh (((Pam)))) What an ordeal your day was So sorry your DH wasn't more supportive.

I do hope that these injections do the trick and that you start feeling better real soon. Tons of s going your way.
Unread 07-07-2003, 08:13 PM

((((Pam))))

I wish I could send all the pain away sweetie as you have had way to much of it!! SOO sorry DH was not as we had all hoped for you, but thank goodness for your good friend.. they do always seem to come to the rescue!! I have one like that and would do anything for her.. I hope you have a restful night and let us know how you are in the morning!!

MUCHO s for you!!
Unread 07-08-2003, 05:38 AM

Thanks sooo much for all of the hugs!!!! Lord know I needed some!

I think I got about 2 hours sleep last night and finding it hard to move this morning. I have already been up for 2 hours and it is only 7:30am. I did not go to bed until almost 3am because I could not sleep. I know the routine and will rest, rest, and more rest so I dont make it worse. My pain meds finally eased the pain a bit so I can at least sit for a few minutes at a time.

I thought ALOT about DH last night and what he did and said to me. I feel SOOOO abandoned and it is sooo sad I can rely more on my 2 friends I have left than my own husband!! I am just REALLY hurt and he wont even think he did anything wrong at all. I dont know what else to do and have BEGGED him to go to counciling with me because I REALLY think that is our only shot at this point but he just wont go!! The sad thing is, in my heart I know that if I had a good job and could support myself and my kids and had medical insurance other than the military I would have left long ago. I am going to try my BEST to work this out YET AGAIN but dont know how much more I can take. I love him with my whole heart and have loved him for almost half of my life but I dont feel it coming back in return. It is VERY hard to try and get better carrying dead weight from him with NO support and I am just too tired to fight it out again.

Anyway, sorry to go on and on. It is my problem and I need to take care of it but just needed someone to vent to about it all..

THanks for listening AGAIN!!
Unread 07-08-2003, 08:20 AM

HI Pam

Hope you are getting more deserved rest this morning.. I give you alot of credit for trying again with DH- I sense you are trapped by the situation and there is nothing worse than that.. does he maybe have a friend you could talk to about this- just a thought, but if not keep trying.. we are all hoping and praying for you sweetie..

You sure do have alot of strength and sometimes it sure does get tested!! Sending a big from all your caring sisters!! Try and stay calm today- and take the pain meds for some relief!! I'll be checking in on you later!!

Unread 07-08-2003, 11:34 AM

(((((((((((((((((((PAM)))))))))))))))))))))

Sorry to hear about your pain. Hang in there. You are so tough and you can do it. It's hard when you don't have the support of DH.....but I'm glad you told him to JUST LEAVE.

Know that you are in my thoughts and I hope you are pain free soon.

Renee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register