Total abdomenal hyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Total abdomenal hyst Total abdomenal hyst

Unread 07-07-2003, 08:50 AM
Total abdomenal hyst

Hi everyone,

I just found this website while I was searching for information on the internet about the pain I just started having in my right side. My surgery was on June 25, I'm 13 days in now and I was feeling really good on Saturday so I decided to go outside and do some weeding. I don't know if it was the bending and crouching or what but on Sunday I started having pain in my right side that feels like a sharp pain that radiates from my hip to the far right edge of my incision. Does anyone know what could cause this pain? At first I thought appendicitis, but my husband said that would be a constant pain, and this pain only hurts when I move, if I'm sitting or laying I'm fine.
Also I'm a little concerned about what I've been reading on the net about loss of sexual pleasure. I have a ways to go in the healing process before I can test it out, but I'm concerned because they took my cervix. I still have both ovaries. Can anyone help calm my fears in this area? There sure is alot of scary stuff on the net about loss of sexual pleasure and adhesions and all kinds of things the doc never warned me about before surgery. Not that I had much choice seeing as I had five fibroids the size of baseballs tap dancing on my bladder.
Anyway, I hope your all doing well in your recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2003, 09:03 AM
Call Your Dr!!

Hi, I don't wish to sound like your Mother but PLEASE call your Dr and tell him what you did on Saturday and how you are feeling!! Call him Today!!At only 13 days post op you really shouldn't have been weeding.You may have pulled something by all the crouching and bending.It is terrible that Drs do not give clear instructions on what you can and cannot do during recovery.I do know that weeding is a NO NO! You have definitely come to the right place.The Sisters here are Wonderful and supportive and they even have a special section here on the Do's and Dont's after your surgery.Please Call Your Dr and for the next few weeks treat yourself like the Princess you are!!Keep us posted on what you find out from your Dr. Hugs To You!!!
Unread 07-07-2003, 09:46 AM
TAH

Hi Buddy,

I agree with Birdz that you overdid it. You need to lay around for at least 3-4 weeks. Well, that's what I did and I had the same procedure as you - - left in the ovaries. I was 8 weeks postop on July 4. I did pretty much did NOTHING for quite awhile. At 3 weeks, my bending was plia's only...not bending over at the waist. I really started to see myself again at 5.5 weeks. I still am not lifting or bikeriding...have to wait another two weeks per the doctor.

As far as the sex goes, my doctor told me to wait until I was at 10 weeks. However LOL, things happen. I had (penetration) sex for the first time over the weekend and it was wonderful...no problems.

Good luck with your recovery...and SLOW DOWN.

Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2003, 11:43 AM
weeds

I had a weed kick my butt last week and realized it was too much. I think calling your doc is a good idea. Mine calls me every so often if he doesn't hear from me. I like that. The thing that he told me about lifting or pulling is you can get a hernia. SO CALL, just in case it never hurts.
As far as sex, I think sexual pleasure is so much more mental than physical for women, maybe not all but for me anyway. So it's all where your mind is. I have'nt tried yet because I'm following doctors orders, but I can't wait. Hope your pain ins gone soon.
Also, where do they tell you on this website what is too much? anyone know?
Unread 07-07-2003, 12:18 PM
Total abdomenal hyst

I'm 9 weeks post tomorrow and I still wouldn't touch the weeds. They are completely taking over my lovely mailbox flower bed and an eyesore, but I can tell my body's just not ready for the bending and pulling.

I worry that they're getting too strong a hold and might kill out some of my flowers and roses, but not so worried that I'll risk the pain and possible injury. Right now, they'd take a huge amount of energy to get rid of. I believe I'll just wait until the winter weather disappears them, mulch like crazy (by then I should be able to at least lay down mulch) and put down that garden pre-emergent stuff next March. Hopefully that'll take care of them.

At 13 days post, you should be just laying on the couch, not doing anything more strenuous than lifting a glass of water to your mouth and taking a few walks a day. Really -- even if you think you feel good, you are still healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register