FINALLY have surgery date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

FINALLY have surgery date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY have surgery date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 07-08-2003, 01:35 PM
FINALLY have surgery date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi sisters,

I have been sleeping all day, I think I still have the meds they gave me for my injections yesterday in my system because I am having a very hard time staying awake!! I REALLY needed it though.

I just got a call from my Uro clinic and have my surgery date scheduled for August 15th for cystocele(w/bladder sling)/rectocele, vaginal vault prolapse, hemerrhoidectomy and (hopefully) the hernia repair. Gosh that sounds like so much now that I actually wrote it. I go the 11th for my pre-op. I am so relieved to actually have a date instead of playing the getting appt's game.

I also have an appt Thurs to see my GYN about my hernia and have him refer me BACK to the GS clinic to have them repair it at the same time I am under for the repairs. THIS is one I will fight tooth and nail because I WILL NOT have 2 surgeries!! *punch*

Well girls, my back is starting to throb so I am going to get back on my magic couch and lay down!

Thanks for all of the support you all have given me. Lord knows DH will not know how to deal with it all when I get back from surgery so I will REALLY need you all!

to ALL!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2003, 03:51 PM

{{{Pam}}}
I'm so happy to hear that everything is finally coming together for you. I will be ing very hard that this surgery will mean the end to all your pain and problems.

I'm sorry about your dh I hope he comes around and can be supportive during your recovery.

Unread 07-08-2003, 05:16 PM

Thanks Kim!!

You are always right there for everyone!! You mean alot to all of us and I pray you will also be on the road to recovery in the future. Unfortunatly I STILL dont see the end for some reason, even with this surgery.

I think I will be calling my Aunt to come down to stay with me for a week after surgery. I CANT do it all alone and can not chance having to. It is sad, but so true. She is an angel and so very close to my heart! She care sooo unconditionally for me and I KNOW she will be right there beside me every step of the way.

Thanks again and PLEASE take care of yourself!

HUGS!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2003, 06:46 PM

(((Pam)))

So happy you have your surgery date and your Aunt can hopefully come and stay with you!! We all need that "special" support!! I am praying things turn around with DH as I said in an earlier post!!

Remember you are the BEST and you have to take care of yourself- for your kids sake at the least!!

Sister!!!
Unread 07-08-2003, 09:12 PM

Thanks Karen!!

Also thanks for replying to my previous post. I told DH on the phone that I have the date set and he asked "For what?" I think half his brain is damaged or something!!!!! He then told me "We will talk about it later"

I am just so confused and worried that he has just had enough and will bring up taking time off from work again. I can not help any of my medical problems and am doing EVERYTHING in my power to get well and he does not see it!!

I guess I will have to take it as it comes and not worry about it until it happens. I am not very optimistic if you cant already tell. One of my many flaws I guess!

THanks again for the support!

HUGS!!
Unread 07-09-2003, 09:30 AM

Pam, congrat's on getting a date, it feels better doesn't it when there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Hopefully all goes well with the GS and you can get everything organized and get it all done at once....until then, hang in there, take it easy and try not to worry! 's!!!
Unread 07-09-2003, 01:11 PM

Pam, good luck with your surgery! I know what it feels like to finally have a date! It's a huge relief.....now the waiting I'll be thinking about you
Unread 07-09-2003, 02:08 PM

Glad you have your date. I know the waiting is so hard...and to keep getting put off is so upsetting.
I will be thinking of you.
Renee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register