incsion pain... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

incsion pain... incsion pain...

Unread 07-09-2003, 10:48 AM
incsion pain...

Hello to all......well once again i am back with more frutstration.....will try to be short....had hyst feb/02 midline incision which was subsequently opened may/02 for adhesion removal.....had ovaries removed in jan. but through scope with different dr.....i have been suffering with horrible sharp pains all along incision and to right side from incision to groin....also had horrible pain from 2 internal stitches that hadn't dissolved....july/02 dr.removed one but forgot to remove the other which could be felt from outside....i am wondering if this could be cause of some of the rt side pain but dr. won't go in to see if stitch is still there.....i am now seeing a plastic surgeon who 2 weeks ago injected me with a local anesthetic and cortisone 14 different shots along incision and to right side without freezing as he wanted to know what pain i was feeling anyway the freezing helped a little bit some of the sharp pain was diminished but it didn't last long (prior to this round my gyn had already tried 3 rounds of shots but plastic surgeon said he would use something stronger) well yesterday saw surgeon and he said he wants to inject me again but with something a bit longer lasting of course the look on my face was not impressive and he asks if i want to think about it i say well no i can't live like this (can't wear clothing without elastic waist/cant' drive seatbelt hurts and turning hurts) and i ask what he thinks is the problem he doesn't know and says he's never really seen this before (real confidence booster) i ask if it could be nerves and he says he doesnt think so....well i am now totally frustrated i can't be the only one who has ever had this and i just don't know where to turn or what to do anymore....on top of the outer pain i am still having internal pain which i figure is the adhesions which i will have to live with somehow.....sorry to make this so long but i really am at my wits end the last 16months have been hell and want it all to end.....if anyone has any info on incisional pain i would truly appreciate feedback ......thanks for listening.....neener
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2003, 11:41 AM
incsion pain...

Hi Neener,

I am sorry to hear you are still having pain. This is just an idea to look into...

Perhaps you have myofascial trigger points in your abdominal wall. I know from personal experience these can be excrutiating especially when pressed on. When mine have been bad they are burning spots of unrelenting pain.

I have had several round of trigger point injections in my abdominal wall muscles where I have trigger points (25 injections that last time). They did not help my pain level just made it worse.... I also had some done vaginally into the right obturator muscle... that one helped about 50% for about 48 hours but the doctor said it is hard to know if it is a muscle problem there or nerve or something else. Surgery is also a major trigger for starting up myofascial trigger points.

ANyway, the short story is that after 5 rounds of injections I had no improvement so the doctor said that there must be something else going on that is triggering the myofascial problems (ie. they are secondary to something esle). This could be a nerve problem or continuing visceral problems maybe endo.

I hope you find an answer.

Sblumen
Unread 07-09-2003, 01:35 PM
incsion pain...

Neener,
Sounds alot like my story! When I first went to the GS with the incisional and abdominal pains he wasn't sure what to do. We did the injections and I did feel some relief. Eventually he concluded that it was nerve damage and I had surgery to remove the damaged part of the nerves. Worked for a bit, but soon the pains were back.

Doc said that you can't ever totally remove a nerve and that the nerve endings are probably continuing to send off signals.

Interesting that I talked with this doc a few months ago and he said he is seeing alot more patients with this problem. He said most of them are helped with the injections. He did say that he does have one other patient like me though, one that nothing seems to help.

Continue to work with the doc and looking for answers. I've been at this for 3 years now and I refuse to give up. I just know there has to be an answer out there somewhere.

My problem is that I also have some intestinal problems and sometimes it's hard to tell what pain is coming from what area. But someday I will get it all figured out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register