what's a vaginal prolapse feel like? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what's a vaginal prolapse feel like? what's a vaginal prolapse feel like?

Unread 07-11-2003, 05:02 AM
what's a vaginal prolapse feel like?

Hi girls!!

I've been gone on vacation for the past 10 days and while I was gone I have begun to have an issue that I wanted to run by ya'll before I go to the doc.....I'm hoping for some insight here.

I started having some pretty severe itching in the vaginal area while gone and at first put it up to using different toliet paper as I can't use anything but dye and perfume free down there....BUT now that I'm home it has gotten worse. Last night I went to use some monistat thinking maybe I had a yeast infection due to driving 33 hours and sitting and sweating for so long.

When I went to use the monistat I looked with a mirror and found that inside my vagina looks funny...gosh this sounds rude I appear to have what looks like bumps/cysts/pockets in the sides. I do have a discharge and it is extremely inflamed and swollen. Even my labia seems to be very swollen. I don't have any pressure per say and no problems with urine. I did go ahead and use the monistat and it burned like wild fire!!!!!

Could someone decribe a prolapse to me and what it may have looked like? I did a search here on the site and everything talks about a uterine prolapse or a rectecole...I'm going to call the doc but know I won't get an appt for at least a month and am just wondering if there is something else going on besides a yeast infection....

Thanks for the input ladies..I'm a little nervous here...

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2003, 06:55 AM

I am so sorry Dawn you are feeling so bad.

I will tell you what you have sounds nothing like prolapse. It sounds like some kind of infection expecially since you are itching and it is all red and you have discharge. It sounds more like bacterial vaginosis to me as those are some of the symptoms but there are other infections with the same

I would DEFINATELY get it looked at and NOT wait a month..... Maybe if you tell them your symptoms they will get you in quicker. If not go to the ER sweetie..

Prolapse in its early stage is really not visible to the patient unless they can bend themselves into a pretzle and see inside with a speculum. HECK, if we could do that we might never need a man again!!! It also does not cause iritation like that and itching and discharge.

Anyway, please have it checked and let us know what they say, you should not have to live in that discomfort dear sister!!

Unread 07-11-2003, 07:03 AM

Hi Dawn
Please call your dr. and tell them you would like to be seem today or ask them to have the dr. call ya. You should not have to wait a month or even go trough the whole weekend feeling uncomfortable. Let us know how ya make out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2003, 10:24 AM

Hi (((Dawn))) That sure doesn't sound like a prolapse to me. It sounds like either some type of infection or a bad case of vaginal dryness. How's your HRT lately?

I would call the DR TODAY and get in to have that checked out. If it's an infection it needs to be treated; if it's dryness, it will only get more uncomfortable unless you get some estrogen in there soon.

Let us know what you find out, OK? That sounds soooo uncomfortable!
s,
-Linda
Unread 07-11-2003, 12:10 PM

Oh ((((Dawn)))) I'm so sorry you're dealing with yet another issue

I agree with the others: what you're describing doesn't sound like prolapse at all. I had no itching and no discharge associated with my prolapse. And I did have a bulge that I could feel at the entrance of the vagina and that I could push up

What you describe sounds like an infection or inflammation, or both. As (((Linda)))) mentions, it could be a bad case of vaginal dryness or it could be a severe allergic reaction.

Whatever it is, you need to see a doctor about this, ASAP. The sooner the better. And, please, stop using the Monistat: if you're dealing with an infection, other than a yeast infection, you could actually be making matters worse.

Sending lots of s your way. Please keep us posted and I do hope you feel better real soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register