got scope aapt. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

got scope aapt. got scope aapt.

Unread 07-11-2003, 07:02 PM
got scope aapt.

finally got my scope appt for the 22 of july. The gs says it doesnt sound like gerd because the pain starts at the breast bone and lingers to the left, maybe a hiatal hernia, where he presed my stomach area is now rel sore ,, but he did say could be gerd???? just the symptoms are different. Wish me luck with this. hopefully I can find my other answers with this. angie Oh yeah about my dd took her to er because she was having severe abdominal pains, they said well she had all kinds of tests done day before so they gave her a demerol nausea shot. Took her to gastro ped doc, he says she has gerd and IBS, now she also takes prevacid and something for IBS. She is only 15 what a way to really start teen years, also has migraines, low blood sugar and menstrual probs. Jeez she gets this from me and my mother.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2003, 07:00 AM
got scope aapt.

I am so glad you finally got an appt date!!

I will be anxious to find out what the verdict is because I have similar symptoms, even the pressing and soreness, except the pain goes to the right. I was just diagnosed with GERD just a week or so ago and honestly think it may be something more there as well.

As for your DD, I know the feeling!! I have a 14yr old and she also gets my migraines and just had an appendectomy not too long ago. I also the does not inherit the rest of my problems as there are way to many for her to have to deal with.

Good luck with the scope and PLEASE let me know the results..... I will keep you and your DD in my prayers!!

Unread 07-12-2003, 08:06 AM
got scope aapt.

How is your dd doing now. They thought my dd was having appendicitis also, but they never did anything more to check, just told me it could be twisted. I know my dd has everything going on with her body that me and my mom have now. My mom is going thru endo on the 31st, and I think she will have surgery because she is cioughing up blood and has a severe stomach ache. Will get back with you when I get the results back thanks and take care. angie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2003, 11:35 AM
got scope aapt.

Angie,
I'm glad that you got the appt set. Who knows, maybe it will give you some answers. I can relate to the tender Can't even touch mine these days. Oh, I guess that is most days. Anyways, I will say a er that they will find some answers and bring you some relief.
Unread 07-14-2003, 10:26 AM
got scope aapt.

interesting to hear your symptoms....I have been taking Nexium for about a year now due to acid reflux and lately I've been having this horrendous pain in my breastbone area that takes my breath away and it moves to the left and then goes away....I told my GP and he said to start taking my nexium twice a day.....I've also got a weird pain at the base of my throat/collarbone area....does this sound like you?? 's!
Unread 07-14-2003, 11:13 AM
got scope aapt.

hi yes it does, i take 2 prevacids aday but cant take the 60mgs becuase doc said i dont wiegh enough. the only thing i dont get is the burning going up the esophagus. or waking up at night with it. I do cough alot though.
Unread 07-14-2003, 11:16 AM
got scope aapt.

yeah I never got the burning.....just really bad taste in my mouth and wicked nausea......which took us forever to figure out because of that....so do they think you have a hiatal hernia or just gerd?
Unread 07-14-2003, 11:29 AM
got scope aapt.

well the surgeon say doesnt sound like gerd because of symptom , but could be he is leaning more towards hiatal wont know for sure till the 22nd. fun fun fun
Unread 07-14-2003, 11:40 AM
got scope aapt.

hang in there!!! We'll all be rooting for ya!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register