Back from castle again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back from castle again Back from castle again

Unread 07-12-2003, 12:52 AM
Back from castle again

Aloha everyone,

Wow, I am sure I had posted this message before, but now I can't find the thread!! Anyway, I had my VVF repair on Monday, July 7th. It was a 3 hour long surgery, as they did 4 layers of stitches.

I've been taking it easy... This time I have to take my painpills otherwise I hurt! Anyway, I came home with 2 caths, one foley and the other a supra. I have an appt on the 21st to get a contrast done. They will take also the foley out. I can't wait.. I don't like the supra at all.

Anyway, just wanted to touch base with you all..
z,
Maddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2003, 01:51 AM
Back from castle again

Hi Maddy It's great to hear that you're back home and things went well! Remember to be a good -- get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids and take frequent short walks. The 21st will be here before you know it... and here's to leak-free days ahead!
s,
-Linda
Unread 07-12-2003, 06:35 AM
Back from castle again

I am so glad that you are home and doing well!!

I am going for surgery Aug 15th for repairs and am a little nervous but I guess I am with every surgery I go through, lord knows there are enough of them.....

Please and like Linda said, remember your training!!

I will keep you in my prayers that all goes well at your next appt and you get rid of the catheters. I will know the feeling after my surgery so I am sure I will be venting!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2003, 07:16 AM
Back from castle again

Hi Maddy,

Glad you are home! Take it easy (without saying) & drink lots of water.

God Bless,
Terry
Unread 07-12-2003, 11:30 AM
Back from castle again

Maddy,
So glad you are home and are being a good . Good luck with your doc appt, I hope you get the all clear.
Unread 07-12-2003, 06:16 PM
Back from castle again

YIPEE Maddie,

Glad the repair is behind you. Now it's up from here!
Remember to rest, and drink lots of fluids. Want to keep those cath's flushed out.

Hope your're not in too much pain but THAT is the body's way of telling you to rest....yeah listen to me.

Anyway I'm so happy for you. Take care,

Renee
Unread 07-13-2003, 09:03 AM
YIPEE!!!

Hi Maddy

So glad you are at home and feeling better everyday!!! What a relief to have it over and done with right??? Was sooo glad to see your post and know things worked out well!!

I know you will rest and do all the good things the URO says to do and you will feel better in no time. Thinking of you and sending a big warm your way!!!!

Unread 07-13-2003, 09:13 PM
Thank you ALL,

Thanks so much for all the positive feedback! Tomorrow marks 1 week since my surgery date.. I do feel a bit better other than the fact that I still have to take my vicodins & bladder relaxers. I found out the pain was actually from the area around my supra cath being bruised, not from pain inside where they stitched me up. My urine is getting clearer every day, so that's good. The way they have it set up is both caths empty into the same bag, so I am not sure where it's all coming from.

Anyway, I will let you know as soon as I get more news...

z
Maddy
Unread 07-14-2003, 10:06 AM
Back from castle again

Maddy,

Good to hear you are feeling better. I hope each day you continue to stronger and in less pain.

I had both cath's going into one bag too. I felt like a faucet!!!

You hang in there. (((((((((((((((((Maddy)))))))))))

Renee
Unread 07-14-2003, 11:02 AM
Aloha Renee

Just curious... how long did you have to wear your caths? Today marks 1 week post-op and I have to go back next Monday to take the foleyout.. Then they're going to do an xray with contrast, etc. I kinda wish the caths had separate bags so I knew if the foley is really still emptying or not. When I went home from the castle, they sure gave me enough supplies.. LOL I could probably hook up 2 bags..

z,
Maddy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register