Pet scan results | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pet scan results Pet scan results

Unread 07-12-2003, 06:59 AM
Pet scan results

Well I have gotten my results back from my PET scan, and it reads as follow:

"There are multiple areas of focal uptake of radiopharmaceutical within the pelvis that correspond to the sigmoid colon. There is no evidence of periaortic hypermetabolism to suggest metastatic disease or recurrence. The remaining portion of the exam is unremarkable. Impression: NO EVIDENCE OF METASTIC DISEASE OR RECURRENCE"

Sounds good to me.... I guess what she had found in the vagina was jus a small area, just the beginnings??. I am going to ask my doc about the first line on that about the focal uptake....within the pelvis that correspond to the sigmoid colon. That kinda has me worried, although the radiologist says "NO EVIDENCE OF METASTIC DISEASE OR RECURRENCE" I am hoping that it is just where my colon was finishing up breakfast.

Again THANK YOU ALL for all your prayers and well wishes, I do believe that God was with me the entire time of the PET scan as well as the waiting time. The only times that he was away from me was when I would be away from him. (I hope that made sense) With God all things are possible. And he is going to be with me at the doctors office monday, when I find out what her plan of action is. I am so relieved that it has not spread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2003, 07:40 AM
Wonderful News!

Jane, I was very happy to hear your wonderful news on the PET scan results. What fabulous words to hear!

I can't recall whether you mentioned that the results from your pap and colposcopy were reviewed by a second independent pathologist at another hospital, such as Johns Hopkins or M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. If not, you might want to raise the issue with your gyn-onc on Monday. Pathologists have been known to differ on interepretations of specimens and if it were me, I would want to make sure there is no question about the nature of the findings before embarking on another treatment regime!

Congratulations again and best of luck at your appointment on Monday!

MoeKay
Unread 07-12-2003, 07:50 AM
Thanks MoeKay

No I haven't thought about it but I will bring that up to the doctor on monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2003, 07:50 AM
Pet scan results

's Jane!

That sounds like good news to me! The area your doc found must just be at the very earliest stages and hopefully will be easy to treat! I will be interested to hear what your doc has to say at your appointment this week.

Unread 07-12-2003, 08:22 AM
Pet scan results

That kind of good news is always good to hear. He does answer prayers.

Ruth S
Unread 07-12-2003, 08:47 AM
Wonderful News!

Jane,
What great results for you!! Praise God! Hope your appointment goes well on Monday! I am so happy for you!
Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer,1b
Unread 07-12-2003, 09:47 AM
Pet scan results

Jane,
That is wonderful news! Don't worry about the"the multiple areas of focal uptake of radiopharmaceutical sigmoid colon stuff.
My last two cancer free pet scan also said this and my Dr explained that it means that radio active stuff they injected in you had pooled there. I am sending up a prayer of thanksgiving for you.
Unread 07-12-2003, 09:49 AM
Pet scan results

s Jane

Sure sounds like good news to me!!! Clean CAT scan and PET scan. I admire your doctor for being so thorough. I'll be thinking of you on Monday.
When you have the time, please tell us more about what the PET scan was like.

karenann
Unread 07-12-2003, 10:52 AM
Pet scan results

Oh what good news! I am so happy for you. :-)
Now go and do something fun this weekend. God is so good. :-)
Thinking of you today and feeling happy. :-)

Debbie [withope]
Unread 07-12-2003, 11:44 AM

I'm ing for joy! Wow! Congratulations!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register