Pet scan results - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pet scan results Pet scan results

Unread 07-12-2003, 12:39 PM
Fantastic

Jane, The waiting is over. Sounds like great results to me. Congratulations!

You're correct -- God doesn't leave us, we walk away for a time and then hopefully come to our senses and return.

Mary D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2003, 01:26 PM
Pet scan results

Congratulations on the great news!!

Beth
Unread 07-12-2003, 01:55 PM
To all who want to know what a PET scan is like

1. Nothing to eat or drink for 6hrs prior except for water. They also said to drink as much water as I could. (More than normal if possible)
***that is pretty much the prep.***

2. I had to undress from head to toe because scan was head to mid thigh.

3. I had to have an IV started, for the radioactive glucose. And a foley placed, to make sure bladder was empty.

4. They placed me in a cubicle and they gave me the glucose injection, and told me to lay as still as possible and try not to think.....Which was hard, expecally when I was having the test to determine if the cancer had spread. So I just prayed and prayed. I told them how was a person was suppose to try to nap, because they had some one in the next cubicle on a treadmill. (I am sure not all are that noisey) This took about an hour.

5. The SCAN itself ---- It takes about an hour. I had a full body scan so they started at the head. Arms are placed above your head, which is uncomfertable. Head is strapped down to keep it from moving for the first few shots. I would say it took about 10 or 12 different shots. In my opinion, it is not as smooth moving as the CT scan (plus you don't have to drink that awful tasting stuff or have the dye that makes you feel like you peed yourself) and of course it takes alot longer. It was like they do one section, then move you a bit, do another, then move and so on.

All in all it was okay, the hardest part was the laying still. I was a little stiff, and had a little headache afterwards, which I would blame on the nerves and release there of.

Not all will have to have a foley, I did due to the fact that they wanted to see the area where my cervix was. Which would be behind the bladder and they wanted it empty.

Also during my PET scan I had to hold my arms above my head for about 20 to 30 minutes of the scan. The next couple of days I was wondering why my shoulders were so sore. DUH......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2003, 06:17 PM
Glad to hear

your good news. i have been thinking of you and hoping for the best.

Best, best wishes to you , Jane. Hope the rest of your summer is smooth sailing.!!
Unread 07-12-2003, 07:59 PM
Pet scan results

Hi Jane..

Anything that says NO EVIDENCE OF CANCER certainly sounds wonderful to me...

Keep in touch

Rosalie
Unread 07-12-2003, 10:18 PM
Pet scan results

Yipee....I hope NED is on my CT scan too!

The way I see it, NED could be a really good buddy!!!

Jane...it sounds like our prayers for you are being answered. I noticed that you quoted "With God, all things are possible." I truly believe that...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register