Well, its "officially" cancer - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well, its "officially" cancer Well, its "officially" cancer

Unread 07-13-2003, 05:16 AM
Well, its "officially" cancer

Polly

Sorry about your diagnosis. Please remember that the ladies on this board are here to lend an ear whenever you need it.

Ruth S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2003, 08:24 AM

Oh, Polly. I wish I could just reach out and give you a big hug. This is all so tough, and to lose your loving pet at this time is just not fair.

But the road ahead is doable. Tough... but doable. I'm doing both the chemo and radiation at the same time, too, and the combined side effects are charming. (Though, I will say that notwithstanding all the side effects, I would still opt to do both therapies at the same time.) I'm at the halfway point with the chemo (had my 3rd cession last week) and at at the tail end of the radiation. I've got three external cessions on Mon-Tues-Wed and then three cessions of internal.

I have changed through this process. I'm more vocal with doctors about my needs and demand that they listen to me and answer all my questions. I've had to ask people for help (my husband and family) because I just don't have the energy to do everything I used to do. And if this is God's way of telling me to "slow down", well, I got the message!

Someone shared with me yesterday that his wife just passed 15 months since being diagnosed with breast cancer. She, too, had to do the chemo and radiation route. He said that she has changed: Her joys are deeper than in the past. I thought that was a very beautiful and hopeful thing to share.

Good luck to you, Polly, and God bless.
Unread 07-13-2003, 02:36 PM

Thank you, everyone, for your wishes and hugs. Today, between pain pills and emptying this *&@(!)#( "leg bag (I still can't pee), wonderful hubby Larry is taking me out to try to find another kitten. Never will replace Maxie, but will help me and Rufus (my older cat) through this time.
Joy
Polly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2003, 02:36 PM

Hi Polly....

I am soo sorry that things are not on the bright side yet!! I was able to feel your pain as I read your post. However, being the brightsided person that I usually am, things will get better and look better as you begin to heal and feel better.

Sometimes we need to step back and take a look at the whole picture instead of individual parts. When everything falls into place in the correct order, we do feel much better.

Please take care and rest . You do need to regain your strength.

Rosalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register