C.T. Scan Result. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

C.T. Scan Result. C.T. Scan Result.

Unread 07-13-2003, 12:16 PM
C.T. Scan Result.

Hi All,
Thought I would try and sort my mind by 'talking' to you all.
A quickie reminder........I had Phlemorcic Sarcoma of the uterus which was taken with a TAH in March but it had already spread to both lungs (and been told this week also my liver???????).
I have had 4 chemo treatments.......Ifosamide and Doxorubicin.
My consultant has told me from the start that with this disease the chemo either works or it doesn't. His words not mine!
I had a call from the doctor that stands in for him (he is on vacation). She told me that the scan shows that the disease is marginaly worse. I have to see my consultant on Wednesday and I am so scared. I don't know what to think. Does this mean I didn't respond to the chemo?? Is there any other treatments for this cancer. My consultants words always made me think there isn't!! I kust can't get my head round what is going on. I feel so well now I have had a whole 3 weeks off the chemo and yet I can't think of anything positive. I have a good appetite and my family all say how well I look.
Have I been through all this chemo for nothing.?
Thanks for listening,
Steph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2003, 12:44 PM
C.T. Scan Result.

(((Steph)))

I wish I could answer some of those questions for you. It sounds like you need to have a conversation with your doctor. Remember--you can always seek another opinion at a different center with a different doctor.

As far as the chemo, just because they are saying your cancer is marginally worse doesn't mean the chemo isn't working. The chemo may be slowing down the growth of the cancer which is a positive outcome, just not the one you particularly wanted to hear. Ask about other options. What about a clinical trial?

I will keep you on my 'er list. Please let us know how your appointment goes on Wednesday!

Unread 07-13-2003, 01:20 PM
Huge Hugs

Steph

I am so sorry that your are having such a rough time of it. I also wish I could answer some of your questions. I will pray that the chemo is doing its job, and that you WILL beat this beast.

Best wishes and GOD bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2003, 02:17 PM
C.T. Scan Result.

I am sorry you got such frightening news and from someone who isn't your regular Dr. I hope you get answers soon. The fact that you are feeling well is a very good sign. i know that there are different chemos that work when some don't. you are in my prayers
Unread 07-13-2003, 04:35 PM
C.T. Scan Result.

Dear Steph,

I was so sad to read this post. You're dealing with a lot! But as others have said, if this chemo regimen doesn't work, then there may be others that will. If your doctor exhausts his knowledge, get a second opinion from a top cancer center. When things don't work, you can't rely on just one doctor or even just one medical center. While my initial diagnosis would've been the same no matter where I went, I think the post-chemo treatment recommendations will be very different from my hospital, and the two other doctors I will consult with. It'll then be up to me to figure out what option is best.

In any case, do some research and find out all you can. Sometimes you can suggest something to your doctor that they might not ordinarily suggest.

Have you considered any alternative remedies, such as diet change (huge, in my opinion), Essiac tea or maitake mushroom with D-fraction?

Try to keep your spirits up! :-) s!
Unread 07-13-2003, 04:40 PM
Dear Steph, I am so sorry for the not so good

news. Siren offered some great advice, as did everyone else. I would seek out other opinions and options. Changing your diet as suggested could do wonders. I think the word "marginal" too is a big thing. Maybe it just means that you need more chemo.

Keep your spirits up! I will add you to my prayer list!
Unread 07-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Thank You.

You are all realy great and I don't know what I would do sometimes if I couldn't come here and vent.
I am seeing my consultant tomorrow morning and am worried sick. Probably take 2 sleeping tablets tonight instead of one!!!!!!
Thank you all again and I will let you know the outcome.
Love,
Steph.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register