Back from the doc and........... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back from the doc and........... Back from the doc and...........

Unread 07-15-2003, 03:53 AM
Hi, so sorry

Hi there

Im so sorry about this surgery. I can relate to it, as I'm battling a vaginal tumor that is so large, that if it grows further, it will go to my back side, ouch. Anyway, if my cheno and radiation don't work, like you I shall have to face the prospects of a total removal. I'm young, 42, so only a couple of years older than you, so I know the fears of such a thing, but I also hear that there are good reconstuctive treatment options.

I wish you the best, Sis!

Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2003, 05:49 AM
Back from the doc and...........

Jane,
sorry you are facing another surgery. I also agree with the other's to get another opinion, just to rest your mind so you don't question yourself later. What if...........
Hang in there, sending ers your way. Let's *punch* those cancer cells for good!
Andrea
Unread 07-15-2003, 06:09 AM

Jane, I will be thinking of you and praying that you won't need this surgery.
The second opinion sounds very wise. The path report second opinion is sound. I had a second and third report confirmed on my original diagnosis. My gyn/onc wanted to make absolutely certain from my gyn, as did my gyn/onc second opinion want to confirm at her facility. I remember thinking, well, it certainly is what they said it is! I did not have to pay for them or my second opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2003, 08:23 AM

Jane, I just want to let you know that you've been in my thoughts and prayers so much throughout this past week. Oh, I can see the possibilities are so frightening but that doesn't mean that's what's going to happen to you. It always helps to know that others have been there before you. For myself, I also have to keep my focus on what positive thing(s) I can do today and just do it. Tomorrow will take care of itself. My mantra for so much of this journey has been, "Right here, right now, all is well."

God bless you.
Unread 07-15-2003, 08:56 PM
i can only repeat

what has been written before me. i think of you often throughout my day and send good thoughts and prayers your way.....and I hope your upcoming surgery is uneventful and those rotten cancer cells are found and removed once and for all!!!!
Unread 07-17-2003, 04:52 PM
Jane,

I really feel for you. I know how bad another surgery is. I've had three, and as for the pelvic exenoration, remember, I almost had that also. But the way I looked at it was, if that means a cure, then I can live with the bags etc. I too am almost 40. Will be next month. I had the same thoughts you had I'm sure.

I too agree you should get a second opinion if you are thinking about one, at least to settle your mind.

Good luck, and know that we are all here for you.

's and ers to you...
Unread 07-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Thank you all for your replies

I bounced around the thought of getting a second opinion, and finally decided to get one. My doc's office is going to handle it, and it is with a doctor that I had worked with on occasion when I worked in surgery. He, like my doctor, are very good in their field of GYN/ONC. In this area that I know of.

I am more than resigned my self to the fact that more than likely I will have to have surgery (major surgery that is), but hearing it from two docs will make it more palatiable (sp) I guess. Even if he says that he could get at it vaginally, I think I would still have My orginal doc do the surgery, mainly, cuz she has been in there, and "what if" he had to open me up emergently, that is never a pretty site.

Again thanks for all your replies and well wishes, will let you know the date when I do.

Love and Blessings to all
Unread 07-17-2003, 06:55 PM

s Tammy

I gotta tell ya, I am sooo relieved to hear you are getting another opinion. It will only add to your confidence when making this surgical decision. Let us know how it goes.
Hang in there sweet friend.

karenann
Unread 07-17-2003, 08:42 PM

Wishing you well thoughts with the second opinion.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless

Debbie [withope]

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register