Gotta Share This!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gotta Share This!!!! Gotta Share This!!!!

Unread 07-14-2003, 07:22 PM
Gotta Share This!!!!

My oldest son is soon to embark on an incredible journey.
Jeff is 24 yrs old and just completed his second year of medical school at the Univ of Maryland. He is deferring his third year to ride his bicycle across the country and back. It will take him approximately nine months. Plus he plans on working for a few months in Calif. (to raise funds for the return trip) Along the way he will be making stops to educate people about ovarian cancer and raise awareness in general. His trip is also a mini fundraiser for Conversations Newsletter. (the international newsletter for women with ovarian cancer which frequently runs low on funding.)
Cindy Melancon, the creator of Conversations, recently passed away. But her husband Don, has assured Jeff that Conversations will continue.
Please take a minute to check out Jeff's web site, where hystersisters is mentioned. Click on download pamphlet and even see a picture of my family bald with me. Yeap, they all shaved their heads when mom did chemo.
How blessed am I with this family?????

PS If anyone would like a brochure, email me, I will be glad to send one to you.

oxoox karenann

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/sirj*****gton/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2003, 07:48 PM
Gotta Share This!!!!

(((Karen)))

This brought tears to my eyes. Your son is very handsome and what an incredible family picture! You must be so proud! What a tribute to you. He must be a truly incredible young man. It looks like he'll be passing through my neck of the woods--does he have an itinerary?
Unread 07-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Karen, how wondeful for your son to do

that!!! The web site made me cry! you must be so proud. Please send me a brochure. I would love to have on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2003, 08:46 PM
Gotta Share This!!!!

Karen,

That is so incredibly lovely! What a wonderful family you have, I must say that I'm not surprised that those around you are so terrific. Best of luck to your son on his trip!

Beth

P.S. If we lived in Phoenix my DH and I would love to host him for a meal as he passes by, but alas we are in Tucson.
Unread 07-14-2003, 08:57 PM
Gotta Share This!!!!

Karenann.... how proud are you?? What a wonderful thing for your son to do. Let us know when he starts his journey.

's
Unread 07-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Gotta Share This!!!!

You must be so proud. What a wonderful thing he is doing and a well deserved tribute to you!!
Unread 07-14-2003, 10:01 PM
Gotta Share This!!!!

Karenann! I was so happy to finally be able to put a face with all those great posts! Thanks so much for sharing this! Can I forward to Gayle McKenna at the California Ovarian Cancer Coalition? Or would she already know about it?

I notice that Jeff will be heading through L.A. Please let him know that he is welcome to stay at my place as he passes through. I'm in West Hollywood and can PM you with my phone number and address. He's more than welcome. I would love to help in any way possible.

What a great family you have! I hope to be similarly blessed -- at least with the guy, and if he has a kid, that's just a bonus! -- someday soon.

Five chemos down, one more to go!
Unread 07-14-2003, 10:54 PM
Gotta Share This!!!!

The family picture , whole website made me cry. what a wonderful son.
Unread 07-15-2003, 12:00 AM
Gotta Share This!!!!

Karenann:

What an astonishing, ambitious journey! And yes, I will e-mail you my address for a brochure, please.

I work at a large hospital with a dedicated women's hospital attached (it alone is some 150 beds). We have an ovarian cancer support group which I was going to visit prior to my surgery. I'd love to get some brochures to them. Will he be visiting support groups throughout the country, or concentrating on the riding?

And do you get to be his support team? What a great way to spend some family time! It was great to put a face to a name, finally...

and I'll send you that address.

Audrey

P.S. I live not far from SirenSong, so if he's connecting with any of us in Los Angeles, I'd love to know!
Unread 07-15-2003, 05:01 AM
Gotta Share This!!!!

Karenann
Hugs & Blessings to your son for doing this. What pride you must feel. I was inspired by the web site. Too bad his route is not Northern Illinois, I would be proud to welcome him.

Ruth S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register