I am getting sicker and sicker....meeting with surgeon on Thurs. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am getting sicker and sicker....meeting with surgeon on Thurs. I am getting sicker and sicker....meeting with surgeon on Thurs.

Unread 07-16-2003, 09:51 AM
I am getting sicker and sicker....meeting with surgeon on Thurs.

Hi everyone

You guys are the best! How nice to wake up to so many caring people! I am worried about my health.....I have been eating very small amounts between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm and then that's it. Because I teach ballet and I'm teaching in the evening, I don't want to eat past 2:00 because even eating at that time(which is 3 hours before I teach), I still feel everything coming up into my esophagus while I'm dancing! It's a really horrible feeling to feel my food coming during my classes. Then, when I get home around 8:00 or 8:30, I can't eat because I will feel it all coming up all night long and I will be extremely sick! So basically, my diet is not good right now! I am now losing a pound a day(have been for a few days now). This morning a had half a slimfast shake with half a banana in it. I drank that in hopes that I'd get some nutrients in me. I plan to have an Ensure later on. I am going to try to eat as many fruits and vegetables as I can, even if it's just a celery stick at a time! I am drinking some water because it is hot and I get thirsty quickly. I decided that for now, it's more important to drink water(at least a little bit) instead of worrying about the acid that comes up with it.

Tomorrow will be here before I know it and hopefully the surgeon will be able to really help me. This can't keep going on like this!

Audrey......first of all, I am impressed with how well you know me! I have such a hard time keeping everyone straight on this board! I never remember details about everyone! Back when in April when I went to the ER for this---twice---I had lots of blood tests. Both times they tested me for the same things and I know my pancreas and my liver were among the things they tested, along with my heart, gallbladder and who knows what else. Everything came up fine. That was in April though.

Thank you to all of you for your support and for caring! You are the best!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2003, 10:23 AM

You know that you are not feeling well and that you are losing all that weight I just wanted to say I feel that you are doing the right thing going to the surgeon. I know my DH has a hietal hernia and I have many times watched him unable to eat and vomit his food due to acid reflux. His has been contoled for now with medication. I will keep you in my prayers I hope you can bump your appt up.
Unread 07-16-2003, 09:35 PM

CT210, what medication is your husband on for his acid reflux? I'm just curious since nothing has worked for me yet. If I decide for sure to do the surgery, I need to try to find something that will help atleast a little until I actually get in for surgery.

Thanks for your support too. I need all the support I can get
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2003, 07:00 AM

Good morning pasdechat,
Just wanted to pop in and wish you good luck with your appt today. I am saying a er that this doc will have some answers and some relief for you!!!
Unread 07-17-2003, 08:03 AM

Thank you for thinking about me Kim
Unread 07-17-2003, 08:24 AM

Pasdechat:

Here's to some answers! And some help...and some relief!

Great big s today!

Audrey
Unread 07-17-2003, 08:25 AM

Thinking about you and ing that all goes well. Take care (((((pasdechat))))) and let us how it went.

Unread 07-17-2003, 08:33 AM
hi pasdachat

just wanted to say you are in my thoughts sweetie. honestly i know what it is like to lose weight beyond your control and feeling lousy. being afraid to eat is a common thing when you know it will cause your problem to become more aggrevated. i still have that with my bladder(ic).something you do that is so normal everyday to survrive(eating) becomes your worst enemy.god bless you sweetie. i can truly relate to what is happening with you believe me my heart goes out to you..chris
Unread 07-17-2003, 09:18 AM

Me too...hope your apt. goes well and you do get some relief.
((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))
Renee
Unread 07-17-2003, 10:20 AM

Thank you, all of you, for thinking about me, wishing me luck, and praying for me. I am so nervous right now. I hate meeting new doctors! I hope this is a nice one that can really help me. More than anything, though, I am just so ready for this appointment because I feel horrible! I ate a piece of toast this morning.........first of all, it kept getting stuck on the way down and now I'm sick..........one piece of toast 1 1/2 hours ago and I still feel like I'm going to barf it up!!!!! I'll be sure to update you asap. I have to go straight to work after my appointment, but I will get on tonight when I get home and let you know how it went.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register