vesicovaginal fistula repair - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vesicovaginal fistula repair vesicovaginal fistula repair

Unread 07-18-2003, 12:47 PM
vesicovaginal fistula repair

Maria,

No need to thank me. I just want to be there for any new fistula sisters as I KNOW what your're going through....

I'm still on 40mgs of prozac. Since this V V F I have taken so many meds it's unbelievable. I take an ulcer med now because I got too stressed (I guess)....I have RLS (restless leg syndrome) because I was SUCH an active person (jogged 3-5 miles a day and danced with hubby two nights a week) that I think from being so sick and unable to move my muscles spasm....so I take Klonapin and Darvocet for pain...I still take 2 stool softners a day....I still take either Ditropan or Detrol LA....right now I'm using up the Ditropan because I'm out of Detrol LA and it's EXPENSIVE.
I'm seeing a shrink for PTSD (post tramatic stress disorder) and FINALLY when I see her on Tues. I plan on doing a urinalysis because I *think* all this pelvic pain is another UTI...and with that it's antibiotics and then YEAST infection meds....

Oh I'm also having dreams of leaking or bleeding....YIKES.

Renee<anyway....we're all in the same boat on the same river or road....>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2003, 11:06 PM
Hi Renee,

I was wondering what RLS stood for.. What exactly does that mean and what are the symptoms of it? Just curious.. Never heard of that before...

z,

Maddy
Unread 07-19-2003, 06:19 AM

(((((((Maria)))))))

I am so sorry for you Dear Sister and having to join our group!! Please know I am thinking and praying for you- please start you own thread or if you have let me know where it is...I have not been around for a few days as my DH is now sick...but know I am thinking and praying for you!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2003, 04:49 PM

Missed your questin Maddy.
RLS is restless leg syndrome. Basically when I'm finally sitting still or trying to sleep my legs feel twitchy and achy and I feel like I have to get up and move. If I don't it gets worse. I have good nights and bad nights...enough where I needed meds to stop my legs from moving. Sometimes I'd even jerk involuntarily (sp?)

This developed <I've been told by a RLS support group> because I WAS so fit and active (jogged 3-5 miles daily, and danced) that because I was sick and NOT active my muscles got weak and are building back up again. I'm finding that workouts that aren't too extreme is the best thing. Sometimes I take 3 walks a day, sometimes I have to just get up from the couch (while watching a movie) and stretch or walk in place....it's very uncomfortable when it's flaring up.

Just another result of being sick....but I really do think it's getting better!

Renee
Unread 07-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Thanks Renee!

Thanks so much for clarifying that LOL
I never had that problem.. I probably *should* walk more. As it is, I think I spend too much time sitting down in front the 'puter.
After this whole thing passes, I will definitely have to start some type of exercise regime. Or else!

z,
Maddy
Unread 07-22-2003, 07:01 PM

(((((Snoopy)))))

Just stopped in to say "hello" and when you read this you will be home safe and sound and on the road to recovery... I hope things went well and you are feeling a little better everyday!!!

Post when you have a moment just to let us know you are doing OK!!! Thinking and praying for you Dear Fistulasister!!!!

Unread 07-23-2003, 08:49 AM

Hi Snoopy,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you. Hope your surgery went okay. Please post when you can and let us know how your're doing.

Take it slow dear fistula sister.

Renee
Unread 08-09-2003, 06:33 AM

((((((Snoopy))))))

How are you sweetie??? Did you have surgery??? Hope things are OK- drop me a line if you have a moment!!! Stay well friend....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register