go for mystery uro xray today...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

go for mystery uro xray today...... go for mystery uro xray today......

Unread 07-16-2003, 09:26 AM
go for mystery uro xray today......

Hi girls, well I go for the xray the uro ordered today.....still don't know what it's called, the non co-operative assistant said there was no prep involved so I guess we'll get there and see what happens...

..the dr said at my appt that the xray should show where my prolapses were sitting in relation to each other and the rest of my organs...

..I did try the hospital to make sure I didn't have to do anything prior (and to find out what it's called) but they said they couldn't give me any info because they couldn't be sure I was who I said I was .......geez I wonder if they get alot of people calling up wanting to have other peoples tests?

anyways, I'm nervous, hope it shows everything it needs to as these prolapses seem to go up and down at their own whim.....wish me luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2003, 10:07 AM

(((((Gidge))))

Good luck sweetie and let us know what "mystery test" you had later- I probably had it to with all my bladder issues, and they REALLY don't hurt much if at all...

Thinking of you sis...
Unread 07-16-2003, 10:14 AM

thanks Karen!

yeah I guess I would feel better if I knew what they were going to do, but I'll find out soon enough!! I just hope it shows those prolapses doin' their thing so she knows how to fix it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2003, 10:17 AM

Gidge

That sounds good- Doin there thing!!! You made me laugh- keep the faith sweetie!!! That is what keeps me going!!! and laughing ALOT!!!

Unread 07-16-2003, 10:52 AM

((((Gidge))))) Just wanted to wish you luck. Don't fret too much: x-rays usually are non-invasive procedures.... especially if no preps are required.

Before you know it, it will all be over and your doctor will know exactly where your prolapses are and just what they're doing in there.... let's hope they'll behave and show up, like good prolapses

BTW, it's standard procedures for hospitals not to reveal personal information (it has to do with the privacy laws in place) unless they have positive identification. Who knows? It could be someone who's planning to use that info against you (you are a celebrity, right?)
Unread 07-16-2003, 10:58 AM

Dany too funny, yeah me a celebrity!!! I just wish she could've told me the name of the test but oh well my fault for not asking the dr's assistant right?

I think I'm mostly nervous that everything show up well, so we can get this fixed and over with!!

I'll let y'all know how it went!
Unread 07-16-2003, 10:59 AM

Good luck Gidge! I'll be ing that this test will be the first step in getting you off this Road and on to painfree days and nights.
Unread 07-16-2003, 11:03 AM

thanks Kim

I've got just about everything crossed in hopes that this does it that's for sure sweetie!
Unread 07-16-2003, 11:31 AM

Gidge, I'm back. I've been away for aquite a while. Been so busy with my job and preparing our house so we can put it up on the market. My husband works in Merritt and I'm home with my girls for the summer (I work with the school so I get summer off) and in Sept. I will be working in Chase. I want to move into town right in Kamloops to give me less driving time to work. From where I am in Tod Mountain (near Sun Peaks Resort) the driving will kill us -- 2 hours one way and the babysitting alone will also hurt us financially. Gotta do something now. Putting our house for sale this weekend or the next. I'll be happy when that is done.

So Gidge good ol docs still working on ya? You've been in for a long haul now. Are you ever gonna get off this road?

I was in Vancouver during the spring break to see my father. My mother passed away just last October. He is still grieving and kicking himself still. Long story. I saw my doc there and told him about the pain I'm having in my hip. He told me to keep exercing which I was doing and to keep that up. That one is for my right hip. As for my left hip, I have pain that goes down to the back of my left behind. He sait that is siatic nerve. Told me that I should have a battery of xrays if it continues. I have yet to make an appointment here. My doc here in Kamloops is always away, doing some charity work in Africa. That was in March and this is July now. Still bothering me. I don't get much sleep at night. It hurts when I move in my sleep. I have to lay on my right or left side but not on my back. Pain comes up within 2 minutes.

What can they do for a siatic nerve problem? I have not heard. Do you or anyone know about this?

Anyways Gidge, "HI".

KimM -- "HI"

{hug} {hug} {hug}

Dale
Unread 07-16-2003, 03:25 PM

Ok. briefly cause i"m at work.....it was a cystogram...which I don't get since the tech said it likely won't show the small bowel prolapse at all....and due to my IC the dye and the catheter are going to wreak havoc later I can feel it already....

anyways they could only put 1/2 the dye in cause I also have a 1/2 size bladder and then they raised me upright and lied me down , had me bear down and then they took out the catheter and tried to get me to leak, which of course, this time of all times I did not....and then they wanted me to pee, which I could not do standing up to save my life....so all round I think I was a big failure at this test.....the tech had the dr come in and do it and I don't know what was going on but before they put the dye in they kept saying "I can't see it" ......anyways, today it feels like there's something blocking the way likely the small bowel I don't know, just my luck it's likely holding the bladder up nice and high!

:cry:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register