go for mystery uro xray today...... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

go for mystery uro xray today...... go for mystery uro xray today......

Unread 07-17-2003, 10:09 AM
go for mystery uro xray today......

YIKES Gidge.....go home from work it you can. If your're having spasms already and couldn't pee the dye out...you will probably WANT to be home....

Sorry to hear of your test today not doing too much. I can relate to the test run around.

I've been putting off a urine specimen....for about a month....I KNOW I have another UTI but the pain isn't too bad...with all the meds I take.....anyway....I see my shrink for PTSD next Tues. so I'll go to the lab then...what's another weekend!

Take care....all my sisters are in my thoughts.

Renee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2003, 10:19 AM

thanks for your reply Renee

I think the thing that bothers me the most about it, is everything felt so weird yesterday like there was something blocking my pee from coming out (which I thought was my bladder prolapsing) but I kinda get the impression it was something else......I just hope this uro can help me, cause I don't want to have to go to someone else
Unread 07-17-2003, 11:40 AM

Gidge,
I'm still ing that this doc is the one. Be sure and explain to the doctor how you felt during the test. When I had the test where they fill your bladder until you can't stand it and than you have to empty it, I could NOT go at all. It was soooo frustrating, not to mention painful. It took me 20 minutes.

Sending big s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2003, 11:44 AM

thanks Kim

Yeah I think it must mean something that I couldn't go...totally felt like I had a "lump" of something in the way, only way I can describe it! Everything feels so bizarre down there right now it's hard to explain to anyone but you're right I should be writing this all down so when I see her I don't forget!!

thanks
Unread 07-18-2003, 04:07 PM

well now I feel like I"ve got an infection from the cystogram on Wed.....heavy duty burning and sharp sharp pains in my bladder so off to the GP I'll go for an antibiotic

I was so pleased after my cystoscopy when my uro automatically prescribed some cipro I wonder why she didn't this time?

I get my results on the 30th and it can't come soon enough....strangely enough that "blocked" feeling I had the day of the test and yesterday seems to have gone mostly away.....I wonder what it was?
Unread 07-19-2003, 07:58 AM

((((GIDGE))))

Hope you are feeling better and you got the right meds for your UTI- don't forget to keep the yeastie beasties at bay- I take acidofolus(sp) and it helps me alot...Hope you can get some answers soon- the test results should be back before the 30th- I got them the same day- maybe you can call and bug the URO for the results... hope you catch my and have a good weekend!!!
Unread 07-19-2003, 09:38 PM

(((((Gidge)))))) So sorry the cystogram turned out to be such a hardship. Hopefully, you're feeling a whole lot better by now. Be sure to write down all of these feelings/symptoms/happenings (or print out this thread ) so can relay that information to your uro the next time you see her: I know so very well how easy it is to forget some of these things by the time you seen the doctor
Unread 07-20-2003, 02:14 PM

Gidge,
Just checking in to see if you're feeling better. I hope you were able to get some meds if you have a UTI.
Unread 07-21-2003, 09:57 AM

well I went to my GP's on Friday after work and he dipstick tested my urine and said it was a pretty bad infection.....plus I had gotten a stupid paper cut under one of my fingernails and it was infected so he prescribed 3 days of Cipro for me.....the good news is my finger is mostly better and my bladder infection isn't.......hopefully he sent it for cytology so we know what we're dealing with, I'll have to call and get a repeat today I guess!

while I was waiting to get in I asked his assistant if she had received a report from the uro and she checked my chart and said "just this" and handed me a sheet of paper, turns out it's a pathology report, I guess she decided to do a biopsy and forgot to mention it to me.....thankfully it did say in plain english "no cancer cells found"......but what shock!

I would really like this burning to stop anytime now..........:cry:
Unread 07-21-2003, 11:12 AM

((((((Gidge)))))))) So sorry the UTI is so bad. I remember that the one time I had a UTI, the pain got worse before it got better. However, my treatment was for 10 days, so I knew that there was time for the meds to work. Please, do give your dr a call and explain how you're continuing to feel.

I hate it when doctors pull little stunts like this on us. It's a relief, though, that there were no cancer cells found Might be a routine test that she runs prior to surgery

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register