vagina too small | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vagina too small vagina too small

Unread 09-19-2000, 03:07 PM
vagina too small

hi all. this is the first time i've talked about this specific problem i'm having except with dh and doc. i had a tah 2/24/00, and bso 3/15/00, due to endometrial cancer. after the doc gave the ok for sex after the 6 week check-up, dh and i did our best. i was having discomfort and severe pains inside my vagina, but was able to achive orgasm in "other ways." it felt to me like my husbands penis was hitting a brick wall inside of me which was causing the pain and discomfort. doc said to give it time and to keep trying. after 3 months, the pains went away, but my husband still was not fitting into me all the way (about 2-3 inches in was all we could do. so i was given vaginal dialators to stretch my vagina. now almost 7 months later, he still cannot fit inside of me. i've been using the dialators religiosly, but they don't seem to be doing any good. needless to say i've been very depressed and have absolutely no interest in sex. i realize that part of the problem is hormonal, but not being able to have intercorse is really frustrating and causes a lot of tears on my part. dh has been very understanding, but i think he is feeling the strain as well.
any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2000, 07:55 PM
vagina too small

{{Jill}} I am so sorry. I have no suggestions for you. I do remember awhile back a couple of women posting about this problem. You said Hormones could be a part of this. Are you experiencing dryness? I believe the vagina is only a few inches long and it stretches to accommodate. Hopefully somebody will come along shortly that is more knowledgable about this. I hope things get better soon. Please let us know how its going
Unread 09-20-2000, 07:25 AM
vagina too small

sheri
no, dryness is not a part of my problem. no libido is part of the problem, but when we do try, i fail and then wind up in tears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2000, 06:52 PM
vagina too small

Jill, Does your Doctor know it is not helping. I would let him know maybe there is something else that could help. It seemes one of the other Ladies that mentioned this was going to use vaginal forms. I wonder if that is the same as the dialators? I know HRT can play a big part in our lose of libido. Have you read the messages over in the Hormone Jungle? You might find some answers there that can help you with that aspect. I can imagine how frustrating and disappointing this must be for you. I'm sorry I cant help more
[Edited by SHERI on 09-20-2000]
Unread 09-20-2000, 08:01 PM
vagina too small

Oh, Jill, My God, I can't believe what I have just read. It's just the same for me. I, too, have been left unable to have intercourse. My vagina thins to roughly 3/4 of an inch wide. I have been prescribed dilators, as well, but still am waiting for them. (HMO insurance dragging feet) I know exactly what you are going through. I, too, end up in tears every time we fail, and it is causing me no end of depression and pain. I fear that I am developing an aversion to intercourse, like a Pavlov's dog reflex. The fear of pain and failure doesn't do much to help me relax and adds to the problem. Adding to it is the fact that hardly anybody knew what I meant or had ever dealt with this aspect of the hyst.
I know there is also an element of embarassment involved. When I called to check on the status of the dilator order, supposedly put in a month ago, the HMO receptionist said, "What?! What is that? I never heard of such a thing." I had a hard time not screaming at her, believe me. She then put me on hold, and I could just picture her turning around and repeating my request in front of a room full of people, asking what in the world was a VAGINAL DILATOR and what was it used for. Great. Best part is, I have to pick up my son's medicine from the same office tomorrow, so I can now endure her looking strangely at me.
When the gyne told me about the dilators, though, he said that I would need to have patience. He said it could take a long time. So take heart. At least you have been able to achieve an orgasm. I still can't. The pain, too, is still there, and I bleed every time we try. I just kind of remove myself from the pain and keep going. The next day, though, I am really sore all day long. I try not to let my husband see that I'm suffering pain, because he feels so badly when he thinks he's caused me pain, and I believe I will never be whole again if I don't endure it and keep trying. I find that lubricant does help some. I think the fear and trepidation keeps me from developing my own.
I know it's small consolation, Jill, but you are not alone. I hope for you, as for me, that this problem is temporary and that these hard times will help us to grow. God Bless.

p.s. Sorry so long.
Unread 09-23-2001, 10:15 AM
vagina too small

Hi Gals!

Tell the receptionist to stuff it. I was born with a barely non existant vaginal passage and to form one to have relations I have had to use them since I was 17. I am now 31. I had surgery to remove non functional uterine remnents 5/17/01. In the process of using my insurance I decided to get another dilator just because marriage has not crossed my path or at the very least a serious relationship. I have mantain the passage if I am not having relations. I call my rep. endocrinologist who did the surgery and was told they don't handle that. And all I want is a replacement for the one I have. These items are used to treat a variety of conditions. If worse comes to worse I found you can obtain them online. Ask your doc what you need. If you just need one plain white silicone ones can range from $25 to $40. Going to another doc for another exam just to get it paid for is not going to happen I will pay for them out of my pocket rather than go through an exam that I just went through. They come in a variety of widths. The doc should be able to tell you what you need. To find sites enter the word vaginal stents. Hope this helps.

Best Wishes,
Adria

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register