sitting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-17-2003, 04:49 PM
sitting

I am 3 weeks postop (TVH) and having a terrible time sitting! I sleep, eat, walk, recline without any pain, but sitting, even in the car, is torture. The pain then continues, even after lying down until I take a half of a tablet of percocet, which cures it. I need/want to be able to sit and don't want to take percocet, even if it's only a half tablet. Anyone else have this after TVH? Should I call my doc? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2003, 04:59 PM
sitting

Yeah, I think you should call the dr and at least check it out with him or her.

I had a tvh and repair on April 15th, I was totally comfortable sitting, standing, moving and lying in all positions within 24 hours. Although trying to stay in any one position for very long (20-30 minutes) rapidly got uncomfortable for the first few weeks.

It gets better.
Unread 07-17-2003, 05:42 PM
sitting

I am just over 4 weeks post op with TAH. Did you have abdominal or vaginal? I went back to work yesterday, which in my opinion was too soon, but that's what my boss wanted and I wasn't being paid to be off so I went. However, I am experiencing a lot of pain also. My incision is still tight and sore because I am rejecting my sutures and sitting just puts a lot of pressure in that area. I am an orthodontic assistant and sit a lot. So needless to say, yesterday whooped my butt. I don't work again til Monday and hopefully things will calm down by then. If you have an incision, is it still red and swollen? Hope you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2003, 06:01 PM
not sitting Question

Hi you didn't say anything about haveing any children.
If you do sitting for me was really hard I know I had 2 vag and 1 c-section..if you haven't had kids then you might want to call your Dr. you may be sitting up to long, and it's adding more pressure down there.
Good Luck
Unread 07-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Sitting

I had TVH and had trouble sitting for the first 3 to 4 weeks. Not pain, just sore. It got better every day. I added pillows to chairs. Remember your incision with stitches (That are dissolving)
are not too far from where you sit!! Take it slow, listen to your body. When it starts to hurt, lay down (try a recliner?), add pillows. Sit up for shorter periods of time!
Good Luck!
Unread 07-17-2003, 06:33 PM
Ask your doctor about it?

I had a TAH but had vaginal repairs for cystocele and rectocele. The last stitch was very painful. It would feel like something was poking me when I sat. So at my 4 week check up, doctor checked and it turned out to be the tail ends of the sutures. She trimed it and it really helped.

Levanah
Unread 07-20-2003, 08:45 AM
sitting

Sitting is considered an activity and many of us find that sitting can be very uncomfortable. I can remember that I felt better standing many times over sitting. So yes, it can be normal. However you should still call your doctor and ask about it. They know what you had done better than anyone else and will be able to tell you if it's okay or not. For me I would have to lay flat on my back after any activity of overdoing it.
Tricia
Unread 07-20-2003, 08:53 AM
Hi,

Oh, yes the sitting...... I could not sit for about 6 weeks . I know exactly what you are saying. Any soreness inside was pretty much over by 12 weeks or so. In fact I went in at around 12 weeks to see about the slight soreness inside and the dr checked it and it hurt for him to press on the vaginal cuff, ouch!, it slightly bled after, then was gone. He said I was taking longer to heal than most , but everything looked fine. It is not abnormal to take as long as that, but just happens to some of us. My dr did say before I had this surgery that it would feel like after you deliver a baby, like an episiotomy down there. It lasted way longer than any episiotomy I ever had with childbirth!

It will get better, but I do remember it well.

s
Unread 07-20-2003, 10:21 PM
sitting

Sitting is uncomfortable for me on unpadded surfaces-- (hard wooden dining room chairs). So I'm eating meals on tv tray on love seat. Much softer. Also took small pillow to church to sit on in pew for my son's vbs program.

10 days post op from tah/bso
Unread 07-21-2003, 10:18 AM
Sitting

Hi sisters ...
I had my gall bladder out in 2001, I used a Donut cushion to make sitting up easier. I will be doing the same in the castle .. I use it at home everytime, I sit down to use my computer.
((I use to get allot of hemorrhoids,)) vey huge and painful. I don't anymore, This was a life saver for me.... My h/b will be bringng it to the castle after my surgery ... I am a web page designer so I do allot of sitting.. (owch) :cry:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register