Vaginal Hysterectomy - Questions Questions Questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Hysterectomy - Questions Questions Questions Vaginal Hysterectomy - Questions Questions Questions

Unread 07-17-2003, 05:06 PM
Vaginal Hysterectomy - Questions Questions Questions

Well the Dr. wants to do a vaginal hysterectomy - and hopes to take the ovaries as well - I am thinking it may be better to avoid future problems - can anyone tell me anything about a vaginal hysterectomy - experiences - recouperation etc.

Again - it is less then a week since I found out - although I knew it was a possibility earlier this year -

I cry at absolutely everything and it is driving me nuts - have a bunch of other stressful things going on - so I keep putting this on the back burner - but need to start getting some info, suggestions, hints - anything

Eileen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2003, 05:14 PM

Eileen, I just wanted to share my "good" experience with a laparoscopically assisted vaginal hyster. I had it back on May 7th. Everything went extremely well (I kept one ovary). My operation was at 1:00 pm. and I left the hospital at 2:00 the following afternoon. The experience wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. My insides were sore for about 2 weeks and I was very tired for a few weeks but I went back to work at 4 1/2 weeks. I have a desk job so I didn't have to walk very much. I think that helped in recuperation. Since I kept one ovary I dont have to take hormones but so far everything as been ok.

Now I know there are people who have had bad experiences and everyone is different but I just wanted to share my story. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Good luck!!

Sharon
Unread 07-17-2003, 05:29 PM

I had my TVH on June 9th. You can read the experience here in My Castle Story- Click here!

I have had an extremely smooth recovery since surgery. The surgery itself was no where near as awful as I expected. We always think the worst! Actually the day after surgery I felt great and have only gotten better. I will be 6 wks post op on Monday the 21st of July and I do not regret having this surgery for a minute.

I hope my castle story can answer a few of your questions about how the process works. Of course it could vary for you. Please try to keep in mind that I wrote that story at 3 days post op!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2003, 05:44 PM

My LAVH was on 6/13, and I got the "all clear" from my doc today. I can't een say I felt "pain" after the surgery. Discomfort, yes, swelling, yes, but not pain. I had the ovaries removed, and started on 1 mg Estradiol immediately. I haven't had any menopausal symptoms at all.
Unread 07-17-2003, 05:55 PM
TVH

I had TVH on 6/3. I had a positive experience. Hardly any pain. I was sore for the first 2-3 weks. Started driving at 3 weeks. By week 5 I felt "all better"!"Things" are working fine too! Went back to work this week, full time....I think that has been more painful! I have to say that I actually enjoyed being off those 6 weeks!!
I got to keep my ovaries, they "looked good". I had fibroids, adnemyosis, irregular bleeding and severe anemia.
I don't regret having the surgery at all!
Good Luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register