To chemo or not??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

To chemo or not??? To chemo or not???

Unread 07-17-2003, 03:31 PM
To Chemo Or not??????

Hi All.
I saw my consultant yesterday and as promised letting you all know the outcome. It was definitely not what I was expecting!!!
He told me that the chemo has done nothing and that there is a new lesion on my liver.
He then gave me a choice. No more chemo and just get on with enjoying life, but would treat me symptomaticly or try one more chemo regime that he hasn't used for a long time. He did say it was a pretty tough regime and did I want to go through all that again. I have to see him again next Wednesday to let him know my decision. What a decision to make.
Anybody out there willing to give me their opinion?
Thanks for listening again.
Love,
Steph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2003, 04:16 PM
To chemo or not???

I am sorry you got such horrible news. I would defintly seek another medical opinion before making this decision. You only had 4 treatments of 2 different chemo drugs, There must be something more they can do. Last November my PET sacn showed cancer around both my pelvic and abdominal area, my pharnx and a spot near my liver. They gave me 6 rounds of high dose taxol/ cisplation/ ifosamide, but told me at best it would shrink the tumors or slow their growth. They were wrong because pet scans in both Jan and april show no trace of cancer and a 2nd look surgery last month during the colostomy reversal also showed no cancer. The hgh dose chemo was hard, but doable. please get a few more opinions before deciding
Unread 07-17-2003, 06:41 PM
To chemo or not???

Huge s Steph

I agree completely with Debbie's advice. Get yourself to a major cancer center for a second opinion and maybe even a clinical trial of some sort. Don't allow one doctor to guide you into a life altering decision.
Alot of good outcomes have come to many of the ladies posting here, who were offered not much hope at one point or another. Keep that chin up.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

karenann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register