Good News! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-17-2003, 08:29 PM
Good News!

hello everyone!

I have great news! Although I feel it bitter sweet to post to y'all considering the bad news some of you have had lately. I have been reading and keeping up but at a loss of words to say. Please know I keep each of you in my Prayers.

I heard from my second opinion path report that was sent to MAYO clinic. It was downgraded to being a borderline! Thank you, God!

The Ding Dong Dr. was the one how called me. He said it was indeed a Mucinous Adenoma tumor but MAYO read it as a borderline instead of the 1A carcinoma that Tupelo path lab reported.

I am still changing over to the other GYN for my care and will see what his suggestions are for follow up care.
I did ask Ding Dong DR while on the phone with him what was his reccomendations for follow up care, he said nothing. That just to go back for yearly checkups.

That may well be the case, don't know yet?
I will wait and see what the GYN I am changed to reccomends, he did mention a cat scan to me the day he seen me in the castle.

I have found during the research I have been doing on this type of tumor that it is often related to the GI sysytem or the appendix.
I had my appendix removed several yrs ago.
So I am thinking a cat scan & GI series would be a wise choice to rule out chance of a primary tumor other than the one that was removed.
I'd like to think I am not getting cancer head here, just trying to make wise choices considering the information I have read.

Karenann,
I have yet to have an appt made with an ONC/GYN. I was waiting to hear from this path from the MAYO clinic before demanding a referral. Am working my way out from under Ding Dong Dr to getting under care from the GYN I like during my 6week check period.
And am asking to have my slides sent on to John Hopkins.
BTW, your son rocks! I know you must be so proud of him.

So what say y'all?
MAYO clinic a reliable source?
Safe to go the 4 more weeks till check up and swap to other GYN?
Then ask to go ahead with cat scan and GI tests?

I feel my problems are trival compared to all of yours and feel some what guilty recieving the support y'all have given me but wanted to share this with ya'll since you have all been here since day one with me waiting.

Words can not express how much I appreciate all of you. You will all forever be in my heart and prayers. What a wonderful and strong group of women you all are!

Debbie [withope]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2003, 08:35 PM
Good News!

P.S.
I also sent off signed form for release of records to the hospital today. Thet will be sending my surgery report & path reports to me soon. I am over an hr from the hospital or would go and get them, it's easier right now to have them mailed.

Debbie [withope]
Unread 07-17-2003, 08:45 PM
Good News!

s Debbie

I am sure the Mayo Clinic was a great place to get that second reading on your tumor. And borderline surely is good news. I have enclosed a great site for borderline tumors from the Johns Hopkins site. Please check it out.
And I would also still make an appointment with a gyn oncologist.
Best wishes to you. Keep us updated!!!

karenann

http://ovariancancer.jhmi.edu/lmp.cfm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Good News!

Karanann,
Thanks for the site addy. I have read that site well already. Read it when you gave me the link for John Hopkins second op path reports. It among others is where I discovered the link with the GI system that is common found with my type of tumor.

I value your opinion greatly, so I will follow up with asking for a referral to an GYN/ONC.
If I get any lip about it, I'll say: look, Karenann told me to!

Take care and thanks sooooo much for being here.
God bless and keep you.

Debbie [withope]
Unread 07-18-2003, 10:04 AM
Good News!

This is great news. It really 'perked' me up! And I can feel your energy and relief. Mayo Clinic / John Hopkins - aren't those some of the best in the world?! I'm for you, Debbie!
Unread 07-18-2003, 02:52 PM
Good News!

A down grade is certainly good news. Good move getting a secomd opinion.

Ruth S
Unread 07-18-2003, 03:04 PM
Good News!

Hi Debbie
So glad to hear your good news. Keep on top of things. It is so important to be able to communicate and trust your dr. it makes all the difference
:Hug:
Unread 07-19-2003, 12:23 AM
Great news!

Hi Debbie,
I am really excited to here that your tumor has been down graded it is just the good news that i needed to here today . May things continue to go well and may you be guided to the best clinic..
Bunny_Rabbit
Unread 07-19-2003, 11:37 AM
Good News!

Debbie!

Many congratulations! I hope you can soon leave this all behind and get on with a newfound appreciation for life! Do not ever feel guilty for sharing good news with any of us. We must rejoice in our lives as much as those of others. A success for one is a success for all.

s!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register