Taboo subject? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Taboo subject? Taboo subject?

Unread 07-17-2003, 10:48 PM
Taboo subject?

I don't want to come across as some sort of freak, but it has been a little over 2 weeks since my TAH BSO and I have no sensation, urge or feelings in my vagina area. Usually if I have gone 2 weeks with no sex I would have a "*****", sorry to be crude, feeling. Wondering is this just a affect of the surgery? Has anyone "masturbated" during their recuperation? I know they say nothing in the vagina, but does that mean no stimulation of the clitoris? I hope I don't come across as being crude but it is starting to bother me!!! I hope I don't offend anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2003, 11:05 PM
Taboo subject?

Hi there-
You are not being crude, just curious

You can stimulate any area, just remember, NOTHING in the vagina until your Dr has cleared you. Sometimes masturbation is called "outercourse" by Hyster Sisters.

So, go ahead and experiment...DH can even join you!
Unread 07-18-2003, 07:13 AM
Taboo subject?

I definitely started stimulation within the first week -- too many trashy romance novels!

It may just be a healing thing. Different ladies have different amounts of numbness post surgery and mostly it heals up over time. I expect that if you keep trying, even if it doesn't work at first, you'll put those nerve endings on notice that you expect healing!

All the best to you! Keep on believing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2003, 07:15 AM
Addendum

Hormones? You didn't mention what you're doing with those. I had a rush of downright *****ness when I started on the patch. There's a physical difference as well when the hormones are right.

Might be worth checking on those.
Unread 07-18-2003, 07:19 AM
Taboo subject?

It was 2 weeks for me . Everything worked but my tummy muscles were very sore the next couple of days due to the TT I'm sure. I had a couple of numb spots. Now at 5 weeks all numbness is gone. Peg
Unread 07-18-2003, 08:46 AM
Taboo subject?

Are you taking pain meds? Those really effected me during the first month. I was really worried because I had no desire what so ever. But when the doc cleared me, every thing went just fine for the DH and me. Remember that your body is still healing and has been through a lot of trama.
Unread 07-18-2003, 09:29 AM
Taboo subject?

I know this sounds nutty, but I have to say that my DH and I really want to give the big-O a try, but I'm so scared that all the contractions will cause all my internal stitches to burst, and everything come falling out down below!!!!
Unread 07-18-2003, 09:34 AM
Taboo subject?

I'm not the patient type and I didn't wait for it, but YOU gotta be in charge of YOU.
Unread 07-18-2003, 10:07 AM
Taboo subject?

Thank you ladies to all who responded, I really appreciate it! I will experiment over the weekend but I'm sort of I am not on pain medication anymore and I take 2 mg estrace everyday, so that's not it. Good things come to those who wait they say. Will keep you all posted

I love this site!!!!
Unread 07-18-2003, 10:09 AM
Taboo subject?

I had a lot of the same symptoms you did (NO feeling at all in vaginal area -- which surprised me since my surgery was abdominal . . .didn't realize it would affect THAT) . . . Anyway -- I was convinced I had totally lost my orgasm . . I mean heck -- I can't even tell when I am wet down there now . . but just this week (8 weeks post op) . . . it happened -- FINALLY. I could make it kinda sorta happen before -- but wasn't worth writing home about . . but this time -- there was lots and lots and lots of foreplay -- and that did the trick. It will take a while to intensify again . . but at least I think it will get there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register